Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Guerin is really rebooting it all especially if he's trading a 22 yr old for a 32 yr old.

Indeed, though, I'm guessing they think Kunin isn't going to develop into what they thought, so now it's time to get those prospects.

Bonino is in the final year of his deal, so taking on some contract (though Preds cover some of it) to move up in the draft. Drafting another C with that pick, and then a D with their original pick. Ryan O'Rourke is the D, and a Russian Center who's name I couldn't spell off the top of my head.

Kunin, to this point, and he can still develop, has shown to be more of a third liner, maybe middle six type player that's more of a wing than a center.  Sucks losing one of the few right shots on the team, but Bonino is a genuine Middle Six center who's done well in Pittsburgh and Nashville on some very good lines.  Moving up in the draft is a plus as well.

Edited by RpMc

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Kunin, to this point, and he can still develop, has shown to be more of a third liner, maybe middle six type player that's more of a wing than a center.  Sucks losing one of the few right shots on the team, but Bonino is a genuine Middle Six center who's done well in Pittsburgh and Nashville on some very good lines.  Moving up in the draft is a plus as well.

Could it have been expansion draft related? Refreshing myself with protection options.

Option 1: Seven forwards, three defenseman, and a goalie. (11 players total)
Option 2: 8 skaters (any position) and a goalie. (9 players total)

Wild have to protect Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, Parise, and Zuccarello for their NMC's. Given Kaapo Kahkonen was the AHL goalie of the year I would assume he gets the nod over Stalock at goalie.

Unless they're able to trade Dumba I would think they're going with option 2 and are going to protect Fiala and one of Greenway, Foligno, JEE. I'd be strongly leaning towards JEE.

https://zonecoverage.com/2020/front-page/the-minnesota-wild-should-not-to-fear-the-seattle-expansion/#:~:text=Minnesota has the option of,through the 2021-22 season.

Edited by VikeManDan
Added article link

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I rarely get to watch hockey and I know how good Cam Talbot has been. Would be a great signing if we can get him there. 

He does exactly what the Wild need a goalie to do given the level that we defend at, and that's stop the shots that he's supposed to.  The soft goals allowed by our goaltenders the last two years have been maddening.

• Like 1

In curling news... Chaska is hosting the 2021 Junior Nationals....

Unfortunately, curling is one of the worst sports for COVID. You are in a confined, cooled space, and the entire point of the sport is to drink before/during/after. 

I am doing some subbing, but I didn't sign up for league this year, and obviously all bonspiels are cancelled.