Heimdallr

Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Any word on trades picking up for the first pick with the Wolves? 

If I'm MN I would give #1 overall in 2020, Okogie, Culver, and another protected 1st for Booker. Throw in whatever filler is necessary to make the numbers work.

Just lean into the offense and worry about outscoring other teams. D-Lo, Booker, and KAT would be a wild offense to watch. 

19 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Any word on trades picking up for the first pick with the Wolves? 

If I'm MN I would give #1 overall in 2020, Okogie, Culver, and another protected 1st for Booker. Throw in whatever filler is necessary to make the numbers work.

Just lean into the offense and worry about outscoring other teams. D-Lo, Booker, and KAT would be a wild offense to watch. 

I feel about this year's NBA Draft is sort of like the year that the Chiefs got the #1 pick in the NFL.  It was the absolute worst year to get the #1.  For the Wolves, I think they need to have some kind of identity to latch onto...I just don't see it right now.  If it's about the Run and Gun, fine...but, they do need to learn how to play defense in spots, just as some of the better ones in history have done, otherwise, they will just be a high-scoring loser.  

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I feel about this year's NBA Draft is sort of like the year that the Chiefs got the #1 pick in the NFL.  It was the absolute worst year to get the #1.  For the Wolves, I think they need to have some kind of identity to latch onto...I just don't see it right now.  If it's about the Run and Gun, fine...but, they do need to learn how to play defense in spots, just as some of the better ones in history have done, otherwise, they will just be a high-scoring loser.  

Would you make that trade?

I think this draft is going to look a lot like '13 (i think that was the Anthony Bennett draft?) where the top looks rough, but there is a bunch of talent at the end of the lottery through the end of the 1st. This draft is going to be about putting guys in the right situation, because I don't see any immediate franchise changing/transcendent talent.

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Would you make that trade?

I think this draft is going to look a lot like '13 (i think that was the Anthony Bennett draft?) where the top looks rough, but there is a bunch of talent at the end of the lottery through the end of the 1st. This draft is going to be about putting guys in the right situation, because I don't see any immediate franchise changing/transcendent talent.

I probably would, but based on what I've read, I'm not sure Phoenix would take it, not especially with how they played in the bubble.

Very young and inexperienced defense who’s job was made more difficult by short fields (largely due to special teams). 

still, the amount of bad angles taken by second and third level defenders was noticeable all night.