Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

I would lose my mind if they draft LaMelo Ball for a variety of reasons...

*his flashy ball handling at times makes people overrate his overall ability aka Ricky Rubio
*he is a bad shooter
*he is very lazy on defense 
*DeAngelo Russell cannot play off SG well and needs the ball in his hands as the PG
*The Wolves suck at 3 point shooting and Edwards long term will be a better 3 point shooter than Ball.
*Edwards is a superior athlete and a bigger athlete compared to Ball who will forever be a thin skinny guard
*LaMelo's dad is a freaking psycho and who wants all that drama?
*His brother Lonzo was a better defender, played at a higher pressure level before the pros arguably, and was a better leader and he has been a disappointment so far in the NBA so how far really can LaMelo get.

Sure the Wolves have Culver and Okogie but neither one are locks for that SF spot and neither is Layman arguably.  And they can draft a PG with that 2nd 1st round pick they have anyway.  Would love Obi or Wiseman but not sure they could play with Towns, especially Wiseman, Obi maybe could but Hernangomez showed some ability last year.    

• Like 1

Based on everything I've read...and how hard it's going to appear to be able to trade for a "star", I think Edwards has to be the guy they take.  As I said, I'm not fully invested, but I'd certainly be more interested in them having a core of KAT, Russell and Edwards.  Sure, there is a fear that Edwards is another Wiggins, but I think you have to take that chance that he's not.  Ball is not a fit, period.  If they're drafting him, they're drafting him to trade him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Those whole format of the NBA draft is just ridiculous. It just takes a lot of the emotion out. 

Nothing like saying that the Lakers drafted you, even though we all know that it was the Wolves. 

Yeah with the amount of trades, they have to fix it. It makes it so hard to follow if you aren't constantly on your phone checking with Woj or Shams. 

But I love what the Wolves did. I'll be honest, I have no idea about the European guy but I loved the Edwards pick, Loved the Rubio trade and and intrigued by the Mcdaniels pick

Love the Edwards pick obviously, is clearly the best talent in the draft and will fit great with the Wolves and provide much needed 3 point shooting and wing scoring.  Was kind of funny LaMelo's group lost their feed and he was not able to talk and his dad was not on camera, sure LaVar lost his mind over that technical issue and not being able to be on TV....

The Rubio trade worked great, got a PG which they needed but also got basically Leandro Bolmaro and Jaden McDaniels for just one player, the 17th pick in Aleksej Pokusevski.  Who is a good young player but is most likely not playing in the NBA next year based on how young and thin he is, stash and dash type guy I think there.  So to get three for one and one of those three is an experienced vet, can play D, plays with energy and averages around 13 points 8 assists and almost 2 steals a game.  

Great move and really should be an interesting year.  Curious Malik Beasley stuff will be, does have some massive off the court issues that happened this summer so who knows with him.  I hope they bring Rubio off the bench, not a huge fan of Russell as a SG but that is the NBA now a days it seems, maybe at first that works but would rather see Russell, Edwards, Culver or Okogie, then Hernagomez or Layman and Towns.  They need to play Spellman more though and Naz Reid needs to get more time also, sadly not sure either is athletic enough to play PF on D but will see.  Culver was kind of disappointing last year, especially as a shooter so hopefully he can improve a lot.

Oh and the next thing they should do, well Glen Taylor should sell the team to a KG lead ownership group!  Ridiculous to have the franchises best player ousted because he does not get along with the owner, and KG is in the right on that one.  

Edited by Ozzy

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

What does this do for the outfield? We'll still have Kepler and Buxton does this mean Kirilloff to Majors?

They have a log jam of outfield talent in Larnach, Rooker, and Kirilloff. Rosario was just too expensive for his overall production. They should use that Rosario money for another starting pitcher.

Ideally 2021 will have an outfield of Kirilloff, Buxton and Kepler, then in 2022 Sano moves to DH, Kirilloff to 1B, and Larnach to LF.

I think they are positioned well for building sustained success. If their prospects continue to develop they can turn the roster over a couple of pieces at a time:

Polanco > Lewis
Donaldson > Cavaco
Sano > Kirilloff
Arraez, Buck, and Kepler are all long term players, and the catcher position is pretty well set too with Garver and Jeffers

Just need to hope that Alcala, Romero, Dobnak, and Stashak can fill the holes in the pen, and the FO spends on another good starter this year. Maeda, Pineda, Berrios, Odorizzi and another #2 type guy would be an awesome staff.

• Like 1