Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

How ridiculous.  Is Jan going to make the "Let's Play Hockey" call?  

How about next year, the Vikings will be playing in the NFC North presented by UnitedHealth?

I forgot that she's Toyota, but who cares?  It's all nonsense.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, swede700 said:

How ridiculous.  Is Jan going to make the "Let's Play Hockey" call?  

How about next year, the Vikings will be playing in the NFC North presented by UnitedHealth?

What difference does it make? I mean, I watch the games, who cares who the sponsor are of divisions? How does it actually effect you? 

42 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Wow that is interesting, curious why he picked Minnesota.  Is not a super high level NFL prospect so not a surprise, Bryan Bresee was the main man on that DL for Clemson this year and the clear superstar along with the other true freshman Murphy.  Possibly it is academic related in terms of getting a certain Masters degree, because he could have went back to Clemson for another year if he wanted to with the pandemic.  

Good for the Gophers he will be with Carter who was a promising RS FR on the team this year at DT.  Not an awful DL with Maye and Otomewo on the ends.

DE Maye
DT Carter
DT Pinkney
DE Otomewo

Will be curious what all the seniors do and how many come back, St. Juste declared but curious id Durr will or not, and Drew-Treadway or Howard curious if they return.  Not to mention the OL guys like Olson and Schlueter but both could be NFL guys but could also help their stock returning possibly.  

Based on an article from Ryan Burns, it’s sounds as if the Gophers will have four senior, or higher, defensive tackles. 

Pinckney - grad transfer (Clemson)

Val Martin - grad transfer (NC State)

Micah Dew-Treadway - 7th year senior (wow)

Keonte Schad - 5th Year Senior

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

What difference does it make? I mean, I watch the games, who cares who the sponsor are of divisions? How does it actually effect you? 

It doesn't make any difference other than being obnoxious.  I still hate it when the announcer has to say the "Rose Bowl presented by AT&T" (or Capital One, whatever it is).  I like things that are short and sweet...it's why I generally only watch Vikings games after the fact, just so I can skip all the commercials.  If I had grown up in the 40s or 50s, the Texaco Star Theater Hour would have gotten on my nerves.  It's just an obnoxious way for a company to make a buck.    

9 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I mean the small lineup would have worked if they were playing the local JV squad....

If there's a defense of Saunders, it's that he really wasn't given a choice with regards to the small lineup.  That's his roster.  My complaint against Saunders is more about games like last night, where blow leads and lose games that should have been won. Like last year against OKC (last second layup) or Sacramento (blowing a 17 point lead in less than 4 minutes).

Edited by Worm Guts

The MLS Superdraft was earlier today.

Loons traded $50k get Justin McMaster (Winger/Forward, Wake Forest) at 17, then traded up from 25 to 18 to get Nabi Kibunguchy (Centerback, UC Davis) at 18. Also picked Sean O'Hearn (Fullback, Georgetown) in the 2nd round. 

McMaster seems to be very fast, with good balance, ball skills and a strong shot. If he is mentally/tactically sound and puts in effort on defense I could see him getting some minutes this year.

Kibunguchy is huge at 6'3", covers a lot of ground, and is great in the air, but doesn't seem very technical or agile. He seems like a good developmental project which is definitely needed considering our top-3 centerbacks are all 31-32 years old. 

Sean O'Hearn just signed with Red Bulls II in USL1, so I'm guessing he'll just stay there for the foreseeable future unless he shows enough to get brought in.