Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

12 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Josh Donaldson is already on the IR, Was never a fan of that signing.

I heard he didn't even make it through an inning of the season before getting hurt. Is that really true? Or was someone exaggerating? 

22 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I heard he didn't even make it through an inning of the season before getting hurt. Is that really true? Or was someone exaggerating? 

His first at bat. The Twins were literally 7 pitches into their season. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Huge signing for MN United! Looks like we are going all in this year to improve the roster after coming so close to an MLS Cup final appearance last year. Heath hinted at a couple more big signings (DP and TAM) coming soon as well today.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Huge signing for MN United! Looks like we are going all in this year to improve the roster after coming so close to an MLS Cup final appearance last year. Heath hinted at a couple more big signings (DP and TAM) coming soon as well today.

It is crazy that he is hinting at a DP on top of Wanchope and Fragapane. I doubt it would be another attacker, so maybe a CB to replace Ike? A U22 DP CB would be awesome considering the age of our centerbacks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

It is crazy that he is hinting at a DP on top of Wanchope and Fragapane. I doubt it would be another attacker, so maybe a CB to replace Ike? A U22 DP CB would be awesome considering the age of our centerbacks.

Yeah seems the roster is going to be loaded with talent! A young CB would be nice too and I hope that is part of the plan at some point. That said, I think it's an attacking player. Heath hinted at Euro players being easier to sign with the transfer window getting pushed back this year after mentioning hoping to bring in a DP. Heath also mentioned a utility player being something the club is looking at bringing in. We will be missing Lod for almost 2 months for international duty, and Heath mentioned he wants to be able to keep guys fresh with the condensed schedule this year.

Hunou has been the long rumored target for us. He also has plenty of experience at Striker, Left Wing, Right Wing, and as an Attacking Midfielder. Seems he could be plugged in anywhere in the attack for us. Seems like he would be an excellent signing given his age/production playing in France. I'd imagine with us being so close to a MLS Cup last year, the team is going all in this year. With our experience with injuries last year, this type of signing seems to help us avoid last years dire situation in the attack. Jerry Zgoda just tweeted a little bit ago that 2 more attacking players are in the works with 1 being a DP, we know Fragapane is a TAM player based of yesterday's reports.