Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

38 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Big win for the hockey team last night, and the kid just keeps pumping them into the net - 3 points last night, overshadowed by the hat trick and 4 points from Kevin Fiala.

Really not a fan of those uni's

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Hunou has been the long rumored target for us. He also has plenty of experience at Striker, Left Wing, Right Wing, and as an Attacking Midfielder. Seems he could be plugged in anywhere in the attack for us. Seems like he would be an excellent signing given his age/production playing in France. I'd imagine with us being so close to a MLS Cup last year, the team is going all in this year. With our experience with injuries last year, this type of signing seems to help us avoid last years dire situation in the attack. Jerry Zgoda just tweeted a little bit ago that 2 more attacking players are in the works with 1 being a DP, we know Fragapane is a TAM player based of yesterday's reports. 

Bringing in Hunou as a DP would definitely be interesting. We would suddenly have one of the most talented, and definitely the deepest, attacking lineup in the league. 

That signing would also mean they don't view Fragapane as an everyday must-start player, and bringing in a TAM level player like that to primarily be a sub/depth player would be a huge change from where we were a year or two ago. 

I still think that signing wouldn't happen until the summer window though, and probably depends on how Fragapane plays, and if Abila can still healthy and be productive.

8 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

If Buxton stays healthy this season, he may hit 50 home runs. Is there anyone playing better baseball right now?

The Minnesota sports fanDOOM in me is waiting for the positive PED test.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Or the running into a wall and being out for two months

That's what I'd be most concerned about.  How many times have I seen people clamor about him and then 2 days later, he runs into a wall in the outfield and is gone for a month or 2.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RpMc said:

The Minnesota sports fanDOOM in me is waiting for the positive PED test.

Honestly, I was thinking he looks like Barry Bonds right now. It's not just that he's more powerful, but his bat speed just seems so much faster than past years.

26 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's what I'd be most concerned about.  How many times have I seen people clamor about him and then 2 days later, he runs into a wall in the outfield and is gone for a month or 2.

Save that stuff for Game 7 of the World Series.

Just now, swede700 said:

I don't think I had any gray hair the last time the Twins won a playoff game.

My hair is blonde. Very hard to see gray hair but they are there. I think they are good enough if they can stay healthy to pull off a few playoff wins. This stupid extra inning rule is going drive me nuts though.