Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Just now, TENINCH said:

My hair is blonde. Very hard to see gray hair but they are there. I think they are good enough if they can stay healthy to pull off a few playoff wins. This stupid extra inning rule is going drive me nuts though.

I didn't even know about that rule change until I read it in an article yesterday (since I don't really pay much attention to baseball anymore)...that has to be the stupidest idea ever...even stupider than making the All-Star Game determine HFA in the World Series.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I didn't even know about that rule change until I read it in an article yesterday (since I don't really pay much attention to baseball anymore)...that has to be the stupidest idea ever...even stupider than making the All-Star Game determine HFA in the World Series.

Agreed. It's cost the Twins their only losses this year. They should be given a couple more innings before throwing the runner out there. Instead of putting them on second put them at first.

The Washington Football Team announced that they have cut five players. Defensive tackle Caleb Brantley, wide receiver Emanuel Hall, running back Javon Leake, tight end Thaddeus Moss, and running back Michael Warren.

Moss, who is the son of Hall of Famer Randy Moss, played at LSU and signed with Washington as an undrafted free agent last year. He spent the season on injured reserve after getting hurt in training camp.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/09/caleb-brantley-thaddeus-moss-among-five-players-cut-by-washington/

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Washington Football Team announced that they have cut five players. Defensive tackle Caleb Brantley, wide receiver Emanuel Hall, running back Javon Leake, tight end Thaddeus Moss, and running back Michael Warren.

Moss, who is the son of Hall of Famer Randy Moss, played at LSU and signed with Washington as an undrafted free agent last year. He spent the season on injured reserve after getting hurt in training camp.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/09/caleb-brantley-thaddeus-moss-among-five-players-cut-by-washington/

Thanks sucks, hopefully he gets another shot.  Is really not a scheme fit for what Washington does so not a huge surprise.  If put in more of a pass first offense he could do some things.  That injury he had really set him back especially during a pandemic.  

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

Just saw that Alex Rodriguez and a billionaire see buying the Timberwolves.  It can't get any worse I suppose.  

It would be nice to see Kevin Garnett involved at some level. 

41 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

It would be nice to see Kevin Garnett involved at some level. 

Considering KG and Glen Taylor really do not get along, would be great to see Glen get the boot honestly.  Why alienate the greatest player in the franchises history especially when he wants to be involved with the organization but cannot because of the owner?  

Bring in A-Rod and this billionaire please.  

Glen will make a massive profit when selling the team so it should be a win win and clearly the franchise needs a new direction with its ownership and has for awhile.  

47-6 victory for the Vixen in their first action since June 2019. 

Cross-League preseason game between us at the Nebraska Nite Hawks

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RpMc said:

47-6 victory for the Vixen in their first action since June 2019. 

Cross-League preseason game between us at the Nebraska Nite Hawks

Wow! Congratulations. It’s just preseason, but that’s a convincing performance. It’s almost been two years since you’ve played a meaningful game, have you had a lot of roster turnover? 

6 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Wow! Congratulations. It’s just preseason, but that’s a convincing performance. It’s almost been two years since you’ve played a meaningful game, have you had a lot of roster turnover? 

Had two captains (one our QB) retire and join the coaching staff.  Our leading rusher from 2019 (not our best back, but was healthy all year) is not back (new career).  Our starting strong safety and field corner from 2019 both out for COVID precautions.  Our starting free safety from 2019 is currently deployed on active duty.

On a roster of 57 players, 24 of them are either rookies this year, or practiced with the team last year prior to our season being ended by COVID.

I'm double dipping as Head Coach/DC this year, and installed a brand new defensive scheme to help mitigate some of the losses in the secondary.

Edited by RpMc