Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Wolves have been sold for 1.5 billion. How is the worst franchise worth that much?

https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2021/05/13/minnesota-timberwolves-sold-rodriguez-lore/

The Clippers have been around significantly longer and haven't much more success, if any, than the Wolves have, and they were sold for $2B 7 years ago.  $1.5B in today's values is a bargain.

• Like 1

I don't know about the franchise valuation, but Anthony Edwards looks like he'll be a superstar. The team needs to add solid rotational defenders, but there seems to be a lot to like about a core of Towns/Edwards/D-Lo. They've been a tough team and beaten some good teams when all three are in the lineup. They'll always have a tough go in the Western Conference, but they don't look like they'll be a doormat next season. 

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't know about the franchise valuation, but Anthony Edwards looks like he'll be a superstar. The team needs to add solid rotational defenders, but there seems to be a lot to like about a core of Towns/Edwards/D-Lo. They've been a tough team and beaten some good teams when all three are in the lineup. They'll always have a tough go in the Western Conference, but they don't look like they'll be a doormat next season. 

I hope they're not a doormat, as it would give me some reason to watch an NBA game. Otherwise, I have little to no interest, because it's all about the individual players rather than the teams.  

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

2 games left for the Wolves, looks like they're going to lose that lottery pick to the Warriors.

I read that, even if they finish in the bottom 3, they only had like a 32% chance of keeping the pick. If they finish 5th to last, it drops to 26%. So there was a good chance they'd lose it anyway, but it helps to build a culture if you show hope. Keeping KAT happy and showing him there's a path forward may ultimately be more important than that pick.

Did the Wild catch a break by drawing the Golden Knights in round 1? I think so.

Game 1: Sunday, 5/16, 2:00pm (NBC)
Game 2: Tuesday, 5/18, 9:00pm (NBCSN)
Game 3: Thursday, 5/20, 8:30pm (NBCSN)
Game 4: Saturday, 5/22, 7:00pm (NBC)

Wild won regular season series 5-3.

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

I read that, even if they finish in the bottom 3, they only had like a 32% chance of keeping the pick. If they finish 5th to last, it drops to 26%. So there was a good chance they'd lose it anyway, but it helps to build a culture if you show hope. Keeping KAT happy and showing him there's a path forward may ultimately be more important than that pick.

Box score scouting they appear to have done well since mid-April. 8-8 since 4/13, they hadn't won back-to-back games since the first two games of the season. 

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

2 games left for the Wolves, looks like they're going to lose that lottery pick to the Warriors.

They still have a decent chance to finish in the top 3.  It's still somewhere in the neighborhood of a 30% chance.  They've flattened a lot of the odds, so even teams like the Rockets only have about a 40% chance of finishing in the top 3, but the Wolves are just under 30%.

Edited by swede700

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Did the Wild catch a break by drawing the Golden Knights in round 1? I think so.

Game 1: Sunday, 5/16, 2:00pm (NBC)
Game 2: Tuesday, 5/18, 9:00pm (NBCSN)
Game 3: Thursday, 5/20, 8:30pm (NBCSN)
Game 4: Saturday, 5/22, 7:00pm (NBC)

Wild won regular season series 5-3.

My favorite two teams, slugging it out. I'm pulling for the Wild and for Kaprizov to have his coming out party in front of the entire nation during the playoffs.

28 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

My favorite two teams, slugging it out. I'm pulling for the Wild and for Kaprizov to have his coming out party in front of the entire nation during the playoffs.

Will be nice to finally be able to watch the Wild. Thanks Sinclair/YTTV.

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Bottom 3 would be 40%,  currently tied for 5th with odds of 29.7, if they finish 6th in would be 27.6.  They did cost themselves a significant amount of percentage, but they were always more likely than not to lose it.