Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

15 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Hate to say this because were going up against him but man Marc Andre Flury have a game.

I've been out of the NHL game for far too long, considering I've spent most of my adult life in non-NHL markets (Seattle and KC)...I vaguely recall Fleury getting drafted, but the last time I watched the NHL regularly, Patrick Roy had just gone to the Avalanche and Martin Brodeur was still early in his career...and the only Fleury I knew was Theoren Fleury.

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I've been out of the NHL game for far too long, considering I've spent most of my adult life in non-NHL markets (Seattle and KC)...I vaguely recall Fleury getting drafted, but the last time I watched the NHL regularly, Patrick Roy had just gone to the Avalanche and Martin Brodeur was still early in his career...and the only Fleury I knew was Theoren Fleury.

I follow is pretty casually but love watching games on TV and live in person, Best sport to watch imo in those scenarios but both of those names I am familiar with, They were talking last night how Marc Andre Fleury modeled his game after Patrick Roy and showed it last night with some of his great glove saves.

17 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Game 2 tonight for the Wild!

We need to do a much better job on faceoffs tonight. Vegas won 62.1% of them in game 1. Hopefully we can carry forward the same physicality from game 1 as well.

I wanna watch it but that 9pm start time is late for me nowa days, late for me to atleast not be in bed by then.

3 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Anyone watch the twins game last night?  I still don't understand being upset at swinging 3-0. Apparently the white Sox manager said that there will be consequences for the player

I think its one of the unwritten rules in baseball that you never swing on a 3-0 pitch. And TOny La Russa has been around for along time, Took awhile off i believe until he took the White Sox job iirc

Edited by mattyice0401

8 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I think its one of the unwritten rules in baseball that you never swing on a 3-0 pitch. And TOny La Russa has been around for along time, Took awhile off i believe until he took the White Sox job iirc

I don't think there is anything about swinging on a 3-0 pitch.  Hitters do that all the time.  It's when the score gets to a certain point.  I'm not a fan of most of the unwritten rules. 

Isn't it basically an unwritten rule that the hitter will get thrown at the next game? 

58 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't think there is anything about swinging on a 3-0 pitch.  Hitters do that all the time.  It's when the score gets to a certain point.  I'm not a fan of most of the unwritten rules. 

Isn't it basically an unwritten rule that the hitter will get thrown at the next game? 

See that Im not too sure about, Baseball started losing me with all these dumb "unwritten rules" loved the game as a kid and now i just causally watch the twins when theyre on tv just as background noise or something to casually look at when im on my computer, I do know that Rocco and a pitcher of ours got thrown out of the game because our pitcher threw behind that same DH that swung on the 3-0 pitcher (I think the pitcher was Rodgers?) could be wrong though. Baseball imo is stuck in the past with all these you cant do that you can do this, hey watch out dont celebrate too much after you just hit a dinger because it could be disrespectful to the opposing team. 

• Like 1