Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

There are some "unwritten" rules that have stood the test of time and make sense...however, I think most of the ones that get brought up in today's age are just stupid ***t that they made up at that time because they were po'd that they had something negative happen to them.  

I didnt know he hit a HR when he swung on the 3-0 pitch I assumed he got a strike or an out as a batter, Yeah I think it was def because the score was way out of reach and they considered it disrespectful to "pad" the score.

But man oh man have the Twins been terrible this year.

52 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I didnt know he hit a HR when he swung on the 3-0 pitch I assumed he got a strike or an out as a batter, Yeah I think it was def because the score was way out of reach and they considered it disrespectful to "pad" the score.

But man oh man have the Twins been terrible this year.

Sounds like he missed a take sign which is what the manager should be upset about instead being ok with the twins throwing at him

If you don't want the guy to swing on 3-0, don't throw him a pitch he can hit. Walk him. Otherwise, baseball is a game where nearly anything can happen. Rocco could have used an actual reliever. The "unwritten rules" are dumb. 

Furthermore, that particular hitter is likely going to arbitration after this season. An extra homerun or three could mean a couple million dollars' difference in what he gets paid. I'd take that swing too.

• Like 1

https://www.mnufc.com/post/2021/04/23/mnufc-signs-adrien-hunou

https://www.mnufc.com/post/2021/05/19/mnufc-signs-franco-fragapane

Loons have signed Adrien Hunou from France, and Franco Fragapane from Argentina, and both are expected to be available for the next game against Salt Lake. 

NFL equivalent would be signing a Pro Bowl RB, and a high end #2 WR. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

If you don't want the guy to swing on 3-0, don't throw him a pitch he can hit. Walk him. Otherwise, baseball is a game where nearly anything can happen. Rocco could have used an actual reliever. The "unwritten rules" are dumb. 

Furthermore, that particular hitter is likely going to arbitration after this season. An extra homerun or three could mean a couple million dollars' difference in what he gets paid. I'd take that swing too.

My only problem with it is if they physically gave him the take sign

7 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

My only problem with it is if they physically gave him the take sign

IMO, that shouldn't matter.  @wcblack34 is right...don't throw him a pitch he can hit...you can't assume that he is going to catch the "take" sign, because you know what assuming means.  

52 minutes ago, swede700 said:

IMO, that shouldn't matter.  @wcblack34 is right...don't throw him a pitch he can hit...you can't assume that he is going to catch the "take" sign, because you know what assuming means.  

To clarify I don't think that the twins should be mad at him.  They should be upset at for many innings astudillo has had to pitch.

I'm saying I understand if the white Sox manager is upset that he missed a take sign because it because next time he could try for a home run instead of dropping down a sacrifice bunt because he missed the sign

The Wild appear to be completely overmatched. 9 unanswered goals over two games, although the goal they called off tonight should have stood. I don't have much faith that they'll pull out a win on Monday, but there are some clear deficiencies that will need to be addressed in the offseason. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

They finally have a young star on the team they can build around. I expect the ownership to do everything they can to make the Wild much much better.

Certainly. It's a very promising start. A legitimate Center is a must. Kaprizov needs to work on being able to create without help though. He's still only a rookie, so I expect he'll get better as he develops and hopefully gets stronger. He's been bullied a lot this series. 

• Like 1