Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Looks like putting Parise in the lineup was a good idea, Havent watched the past couple games but im seeing him showing up on the point sheet in a good way I think he has a few points already in the couple games hes played in.

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Looks like putting Parise in the lineup was a good idea, Havent watched the past couple games but im seeing him showing up on the point sheet in a good way I think he has a few points already in the couple games hes played in.

Yeah, he's been good. Any idea why he was held out in the first place?

19 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

All I know was that he was a healthy scratch no idea the rhyme or reason as to why, Maybe trying to give a younger dude on the team some ice time or maybe they just dont really like his game anymore, no idea. But I like that hes in the lineup again.

Just got done watching the replay of last nights game and that first goal was a thing of beauty and was all because of the nice read Parise had to bounce the puck off the boards to the advancing oforward. (forget who the other 2 players were)

51 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

All I know was that he was a healthy scratch no idea the rhyme or reason as to why, Maybe trying to give a younger dude on the team some ice time or maybe they just dont really like his game anymore, no idea. But I like that hes in the lineup again.

Just got done watching the replay of last nights game and that first goal was a thing of beauty and was all because of the nice read Parise had to bounce the puck off the boards to the advancing oforward. (forget who the other 2 players were)

After a nice headman pass by Zach Parise, who saw Kevin Fiala headed up the ice with speed, Fiala fed the puck over to Ryan Hartman, who fired top shelf over a sprawling Marc-Andre Fleury for a 1-0 lead at 4:21 of the third period. 

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/hat-trick-golden-knights-game6-052621/c-325022176

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

After a nice headman pass by Zach Parise, who saw Kevin Fiala headed up the ice with speed, Fiala fed the puck over to Ryan Hartman, who fired top shelf over a sprawling Marc-Andre Fleury for a 1-0 lead at 4:21 of the third period. 

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/hat-trick-golden-knights-game6-052621/c-325022176

I started to try and look it up and said eff it i will just call them forwards, thanks for the clarity though!

4 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

I started to try and look it up and said eff it i will just call them forwards, thanks for the clarity though!

It was a pretty shot. In real time, I didn’t even see it go in. Thank goodness for slo-mo replays. 

Edited by marshpit23
No not no

Just now, marshpit23 said:

It was a pretty shot. In real time, I didn’t even see it go in. Thank goodness for slo-no replays. 

Kirill had a pretty sexy move at one point in the game I dont remember when it was but he kinda dragged the puck through his legs to give himself a chance for a shot on goal.  i think the defenseman played it well and never gave him an opportunity to get a shot on goal.

4 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Kirill had a pretty sexy move at one point in the game I dont remember when it was but he kinda dragged the puck through his legs to give himself a chance for a shot on goal.  i think the defenseman played it well and never gave him an opportunity to get a shot on goal.

Looks like he beats the defenseman, but loses the puck before he gets the shot off. Like the Twitter heading says, “Almost SO GOOD.” If he controls the puck there, I think he scores. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marshpit23 said:

Looks like he beats the defenseman, but loses the puck before he gets the shot off. Like the Twitter heading says, “Almost SO GOOD.” If he controls the puck there, I think he scores. 

Such a nice looking move, I don’t think the Wild have ever had a player that can do that. Hopefully he can continue to develop along with some of our younger players and we can continue to draft well and maybe get a FA or two. 

9 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Because he had not been good when given minutes to end the regular season. Team speed took a hit with him on the ice as well.

Not a fan of Johansson (who he replaced in the lineup due to injury), but Parise being in the pressbox was deserved. 

10 hours ago, RpMc said:

Because he had not been good when given minutes to end the regular season. Team speed took a hit with him on the ice as well.

This is what I'd heard as well.

He's certainly provided some spark since he's returned to the lineup.

What do you think they do with him in the offseason?

1 minute ago, VikeManDan said:

Plans/work early tomorrow?

8 pm start which is nice. The one time I actually want a 9 pm or later start we don't get it haha. 

No I just cant stay up that late anymore lol Im usually in bed by 7 or 8 reading or watching something on the Ipad, Im an old man trapped inside a 28 year olds body. Maybe its just because of COVID Im like that now and in the future it can change. And I will be honest I thought it was a 9PM start time so 8 makes it easier.

• Like 1