Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

13 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The Wild have signed Kirill Kaprizoz to a 5 year, $45 Million deal. I'm pretty stoked about that. That wouldn't have even put him in the top 20 for salaries last season. Can't help but think it's an excellent deal that will only look better in 2 or 3 years.

So then in 2 or 3 years he'll refuse to play again because he'll want a new deal?  I don't follow it all that closely, but I understand he's been quite the difficult guy to negotiate with.

54 minutes ago, swede700 said:

So then in 2 or 3 years he'll refuse to play again because he'll want a new deal?  I don't follow it all that closely, but I understand he's been quite the difficult guy to negotiate with.

I could be wrong but hold-outs aren't really a thing in the NHL anymore, contracts can't be renegotiated. It also sounds like there is some sort of No Movement Clause (NMC) on the last two years of the deal. Haven't found anything concrete on that though.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, swede700 said:

To my understanding, he wanted both top pay and assurances the team would work to put guys around him so we don't waste him. They took care of the second point by buying out Parise and Suter to create cap room to compete for better talent. 

Also to my understanding, NHL contracts cannot be renegotiated until the final year of the deal, when the team and player can negotiate an extension. 

11 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I could be wrong but hold-outs aren't really a thing in the NHL anymore, contracts can't be renegotiated. It also sounds like there is some sort of No Movement Clause (NMC) on the last two years of the deal. Haven't found anything concrete on that though.

Yeah, there's some weird stuff in the NHL's CBA...sounds like the NFL could use that.

36 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

So…yeah. Huh 

Timberwovles forever!  Not sure you were typing it in response to this or the KK news, but here for those that don't know, for whatever reason the Wolves fired POBO Rosas out of the blue.

Edited by swede700

11 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Timberwovles forever!  Not sure you were typing it in response to this or the KK news, but here for those that don't know, for whatever reason the Wolves fired POBO Rosas out of the blue.

I figured it was the only response necessary for the most dysfunctional sports organization of all time. 

After reading the Athletic article about it, I'm even more dumbfounded at the move.  It sounds like some long-term people in the office were just upset by Rosas not doing it the "Wolves Way" (in a nod to the Twins) and had their feelings hurt by the way he conducted things.  I can understand the infidelity aspect to it maybe putting it over the top, but if they were firing him for performance reasons and not that (as the article suggested), I don't get it at all.  Just back up the moving truck like Norm Greed and take the team somewhere else, because it's clearly a dysfunctional organization that will never get fixed until they blow it up and start over from the office assistants on up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

After reading the Athletic article about it, I'm even more dumbfounded at the move.  It sounds like some long-term people in the office were just upset by Rosas not doing it the "Wolves Way" (in a nod to the Twins) and had their feelings hurt by the way he conducted things.  I can understand the infidelity aspect to it maybe putting it over the top, but if they were firing him for performance reasons and not that (as the article suggested), I don't get it at all.  Just back up the moving truck like Norm Greed and take the team somewhere else, because it's clearly a dysfunctional organization that will never get fixed until they blow it up and start over from the office assistants on up.

Yeah, I can't understand why any competent front office guy or any player would want to come to the Wolves. At this point, they might as well go to Seattle or Vegas. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Glen Taylor is quite possibly this worst decision maker in sports. It’s absolutely amazing that he was able to create  and maintain a company long enough to become a billionaire. 

• Like 1