Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

On 11/28/2021 at 8:23 AM, SemperFeist said:

That’s not the point! 

It just tells you what coulda/shoulda been.  I certainly think the Gophers could have had a decent shot to beat Michigan.  At least the Gophers are now in the mix for the division titles...now if they could only get over the hump of beating Iowa (who it looks like they get early next season).

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Tanner Morgan is coming back for 2022. I can’t say I’m excited by that. I was really hoping for the Gophers to move on with a new QB. 

I thought the same thing.  He's been alright, but I wanted to see if someone else could be better.  And of course, subsequent to that announcement, Jacob Clark entered the portal.  He was one of them that I wanted to see what they could do.  But, being that he's a RS-Jr, it's not a surprise to see him move on for a better opportunity with the time he has left.

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I thought the same thing.  He's been alright, but I wanted to see if someone else could be better.  And of course, subsequent to that announcement, Jacob Clark entered the portal.  He was one of them that I wanted to see what they could do.  But, being that he's a RS-Jr, it's not a surprise to see him move on for a better opportunity with the time he has left.

I’d like to see a competition at QB. Let Annexstad get a shot or even Kramer. But we know that Fleck won’t do that. 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d like to see a competition at QB. Let Annexstad get a shot or even Kramer. But we know that Fleck won’t do that. 

Yeah...we know how this story is going to end.  Either way, when Tanner is done, he'll maybe go to one NFL training camp, get cut, and then end up as PJ's grad assistant.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I don't think anyone could.  If he somehow can finally remain healthy, that's a bargain.  

That's a big if.  People around here can't stand athletes that make a lot of money,  especially ones that are injured. 

$15 million a year is less than I expected though and you are right that it will be a steal if he stays healthy.  And if he doesn't,  the contract shouldn't hamper the team from making other moves. 

Before he signed,  I'd here people say pay him whatever he wants.  I couldn't help to think about when Mauer was up for a new contract.  This contract should age a lot better than the $23 million dollar a year though. 

I really hope he can stay healthy. He is a great player when he's on