Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Projected 4th line for game 1 barring any injuries

Good to be getting some of the boys back now we can have the GREEF line back one of the best if not best shutdown lines in the NHL

Good news for Spurg but still a little concerning, Hopefully Zucc can be back in time for Game 1 I wouldnt even trip if he didnt play until Game 1 Dumba too but I think he was and is a little more injured than we expected

Forgot to update following our week 2 victory over our (never beaten) rival!  41-6 win, bye last week, and this Saturday we will be traveling to Reno to play the 2019 Div III champs, 2021 Div II champs, and new WFA Pro team the Nevada Storm (currently 2-0)

Play of the Game from the Slam game comes from the Dark Side this week!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Which happens the majority of the time. Hence why he’s a liability. 

KAT was the best player in the court Saturday. Sadly, that’s not the norm for him. And his game controlling performances are so sporadic that he can’t be counted on to deliver. 

Yeah thats just not true - he is actually really really good "the majority of the time", but I can totally understand the frustration with the back to back terrible performances. The difference between good and great is whether or not a guy can turn it on when adversity hits, or just otherwise being a plus player when its not his night. That's where KAT is inconsistent, and it feels so MN sports every time it happens. At this point, I think our best case scenario is the continued ascension of Ant as a super star and to cement himself as the alpha dog on the team, and for KAT to be one of the games best second fiddles. DLo has quietly had a really nice season, and I think Vando and JMac are both legitimate starters who are getting better too. This has been an objectively successful season no matter what at this point - Vegas had us winning like 35 games before it started. Another year of development and continuity with this coaching staff should continue to yield gains. 

• Like 1

This Wolves team has exceeded expectations, and the future is bright. But KAT just has to stop comitting stupid fouls and whining all of the time. The rest of the team needs to mature a bit too. That includes Beverley. There was far too much clowning around in the 4th Quarter for a team that has blown multiple huge leads this series.

16 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Great season for the Wolves. Too bad they just couldn’t get out of their own way this series. 

Great series and invaluable experience for the Timberpups. I really wish they could’ve pushed the series to a game 7, but oh well. They performed much better than I expected. Next year is going to be fun to watch. 

So the Twins are fun! 9-1 in the last ten, best starting rotation ERA in the AL, an early 3 game lead in the division, and quality triple A depth beating down the door. Oh, and the best player in baseball is doing all kinds of good things.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

So the Twins are fun! 9-1 in the last ten, best starting rotation ERA in the AL, an early 3 game lead in the division, and quality triple A depth beating down the door. Oh, and the best player in baseball is doing all kinds of good things.

We're going on Friday, looking forward to it, it's been far to long since we've gone to Target Field.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 3:46 PM, Hagar said:

We're going on Friday, looking forward to it, it's been far to long since we've gone to Target Field.

What luck to have perfect weather AND see Lewis’s debut! Have a great time!