Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

14 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

2 butt whoopin's in a row! Would be great to come back to St. Paul up 3-1 with a chance to advance on home ice!!

It really would a little bit of extra rest would be nice for them with the condensed schedule

Disappointing loss tonight. The Wild let this series skate away. Blues 3-2 heading back to St. Louis for game 6. This leaves the Wild on a slippery, icy hill to climb. We need to slash the Blues in the next 2 games to advance; that’s the ultimate goal. Seems unlikely at this period of the series. Another Minnesota let down? I hope not! 

Edited by marshpit23
The
  • Like 1

When the Blues have pretty much dominated the Wild over the last 2 years no matter where they play, I gave them little chance to win the series anyway.  It was the one opponent you wouldn't have wanted them to play this early.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

When the Blues have pretty much dominated the Wild over the last 2 years no matter where they play, I gave them little chance to win the series anyway.  It was the one opponent you wouldn't have wanted them to play this early.  

Colorado would have been even tougher.  I don't think either of The Blues or The Wild will have a real chance to beat them unless they lose a few of their best players to injury.  I think The Blues will win Game 6 at home and the series will be over, unless Binnington sinks back into his non-focused slump mode.  I can't really see that happening.  With Leddy and Bortuzzo back, it's much more difficult for The Wild to take advantage of The Blues' 3rd defensive pairing, and their 2nd pairing, and without Mikkola playing on The 1st pairing, dragging Parayko down.  And The Blues getting Perunovich back for The Power Play makes The Blues better, as well, making up for their loss of Krug.  And The Blues have played better on The Road in this series.  So, even IF they lose at home in Game 6, it will be tough for The Wild to beat them 2 consecutive games. 

Also, The Blues have Talbot's number.  So, if Evason makes the mistake of starting him in Game 6, just for a change-of-pace catalyst for the team, that will make their task even harder.

39 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Up next to disappoint are the Twins!

Don't they always?  Hard to believe it's been 30+ years since the '91 World Series.  That was a great season...and '92 was a better team, although they didn't get there.  Nothing will beat '87 though...that was the year before I went to HS.  It was the best year for Minnesota sports ever for me.  Vikings = NFC Championship Game, Twins = World Series, The HS I would attend the next year = State Hockey Champions...the only letdown (unbeknownst to all of us at the time) ended up being Minnesota awarded a NBA team.  

Edited by swede700