Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Loons on a 3-game winning streak, with 3 goals in each game! Also huge to see Amarilla and Reynoso slapping in some goals. 

I think in the first half of the season we only played 1 team that is below the playoff line, and now on the backhalf of the season the majority of teams are below the line, so we could be in for a great run to the playoffs!

Loons also making some moves during this summer transfer window. It was officially announced we are signing Alan Benitez (right back from Paraguay), and there are multiple sources saying we are signing Mender Garcia (attacker from Colombia). I would expect Benitez to start at right back, and Garcia to push for playing time at left wing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Does Sano have any trade value? Or where does it fit in when he's done with his rehab assignment?

I don't know where he fits. DH maybe? Rotate with Urshela, Miranda, and him at 1B/3B/DH? Maybe Urshela has more trade value and Sano is that back-up player?

11 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I don't know where he fits. DH maybe? Rotate with Urshela, Miranda, and him at 1B/3B/DH? Maybe Urshela has more trade value and Sano is that back-up player?

I don’t think he fits at all. I see no reason to take ABs away from anyone on the roster, and he isn’t any better than Miranda or Arraez at 1B. Maybe he is the Garlick replacement for LHP pinch hits off of the bench. When Lewis went down that was the end of the “trade Urshela” talk for me. 

Edited by JDBrocks

The full odds to win the Big Ten are as follows:

Ohio State (-240)

Michigan (+1000)

Wisconsin (+1000)

Nebraska (+1400)

Penn State (+1400)

Iowa (+2000)

Purdue (+2500)

Michigan State (+2800)

Minnesota (+2800)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/big-ten-championship-best-bet-ohio-state-michigan/

Purdue and Nebraska with better odds?  That's embarrassing for the oddsmakers.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Since I don't really follow baseball, I have no idea if this guy is any good, but it's a move, nonetheless...

Will likely be their closer and has a couple years of team control. I like the move a lot. But it isn’t enough. 

Lopez is very good. was a terrible starter but has been lights out as the Baltimore closer (except against the Twins haha!). Jax, Duran, and Lopez in the 7th-9th is a really nice back end of the bullpen. 

It sounds like they are very close to landing Mahle, and I would not be shocked to see them go after David Robertson from the Cubs. 

Remake the entire pitching staff in one day and really make a push. If they fall short it is what it is, but this has been a good faith effort from the FO, imo.