Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

On 9/11/2022 at 5:58 PM, Heimdallr said:

Just as I was starting to think about maybe following the Timberwolves or basketball for the first time ever.... Anthony Edwards had to go do that. Bye.

I wasant planning on following the Wolves this year, but it surprises the h*** outta me people still think like that.

It's a maturity issue, so it doesn't surprise me...as much as things change, a lot stays the same.  I can guarantee you I probably said a lot more insensitive things when I was his age, so I take it with a grain of salt.  As long as he learned from the situation and never says anything similar publicly (and hopefully changes his thinking), forgive and forget.  We have 70+ year old people (one that used to be in the highest office) that say things a lot worse...and do know better.    

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's a maturity issue, so it doesn't surprise me...as much as things change, a lot stays the same.  I can guarantee you I probably said a lot more insensitive things when I was his age, so I take it with a grain of salt.  As long as he learned from the situation and never says anything similar publicly (and hopefully changes his thinking), forgive and forget.  We have 70+ year old people (one that used to be in the highest office) that say things a lot worse...and do know better.    

I agree with this. I grew up with my grandparents saying a lot worse than this. My parents were better, but still fairly insensitive in their earlier years. At Ant’s age, I was ignorant and immature and probably said a lot hurtful, insensitive things. I’m now 55 and have matured and have greater respect and empathy for others. In fact, I could not adequately do my job as a registered nurse without this lens. I give Ant a break on this and understand he was speaking through ignorance and immaturity. He will learn from his words and become a better, more enlightened young man. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I get that the Gophers haven’t played anybody worth noting, but in 3 games they’ve out scored their opponents 149-17. 

I don’t care who they’re playing, that’s a level of football I’ve never seen from the Gophers. Awesome!

Minnesota Football RB Mo Ibrahim went OFF against Colorado as the Gophers improved to 3-0 on the season.

23 carries for 204 yards
8.8 ypc
3 td's

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 2:33 PM, vike daddy said:

Minnesota Football RB Mo Ibrahim went OFF against Colorado as the Gophers improved to 3-0 on the season.

23 carries for 204 yards
8.8 ypc
3 td's

179 on 20 carries and 3 TDs in the first half! It was an incredible individual effort, but the OL was also physically dominating the Colorado DL.

Edited by JDBrocks

It'll be interesting to see how the NFL will view some of the Gophers RBs...I can't imagine that Ibrahim will get drafted next year because of his high mileage and injury history.  But, I concur with Semper on how I don't believe I've ever seen such a high level of play from the team.  Yes, they have dominated bad teams in the past in some situations (but not really since Mason), however, they've played really well thus far...and if they can play consistently like they have, they should win the West, because they clearly have the highest upside of any team in it.   

14 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Unbelievable performance from the Gophers today. Utter domination, no other way to put it.

Yes indeed! It was fun to watch. Going to be hard to keep them out of the top 25 next week. They’re only game against a ranked opponent is Penn State. If they can pull that off, they just might run the table all the way to the B1G Championship game. 

• Like 1