Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Suspending him is stupid. I understand the whole appearances angle as to why you should suspend a player for throwing a punch, but for a franchise like the Wolves, winning is far more important. 

It’s already a long shot to beat the Lakers, but now they may as well concede the game. 

I was just saying that to a co-worker. Forfeit the game and save yourself the embarrassment and travel to the west coast. Stay home and just focus on playing the winner of OKC/Pelicans. This is just me with little to no confidence that we win against LA in LA. I’ll probably watch, though. 😂 

Nine seemed like enough that I wasn't too worried. Though, I expected the game to take more than 3 hours and to end something like 11 to 6 or 7.

Kenta Maeda has had his start pushed back. Louie Varland is starting today and Mahle tomorrow, so I have less faith for the next couple of games.

3 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

Was anyone else concerned that the Twins 9 run 1st inning yesterday was going to be the setup for their next monumental collapse against the Yankees? Anyway, I’m glad it didn’t happen.

Its the beginning of a new page .... hopefully

• Like 2

Wolves won their play-in game against the Thunder last night and will face off against the #1 seed Nuggets. Wolves tied the Nuggets in the regular season series 2-2.

Game 1: Sunday, 4/16 - 9:30pm (TNT)
Game 2: Wednesday, 4/19 - 9pm (TNT)
*Game 3: Friday, 4/21 - 8pm (ESPN)
*Game 4: Sunday, 4/23 - 8:30pm (ESPN)
Game 5: Tuesday, 4/25 - If necessary
Game 6: Thursday, 4/27 - If necessary
Game 7: Saturday, 4/29 - If necessary

*Home games

-----------------------------------------

Wild will face off against the Stars in the 1st round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Wild tied the Stars in the regular season series 2-2.

Game 1: Monday, 4/17 - 8:30pm (ESPN2)
Game 2: Wednesday, 4/19 - 8:30pm (ESPN2)
*Game 3: Friday, 4/21 - 8:30pm (TBD)
*Game 4: Sunday, 4/23 - 5:30pm (TBD)
Game 5: Tuesday, 4/25 - If necessary
*Game 6: Friday, 4/28 - If necessary
Game 7: Sunday, 4/30 - If necessary

*Home games

-----------------------------------------

Twins 2-0 against the Yanks? What is happening?

10 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Horrible Wolves game.

Twins just locked up, it looks like Lopez for 4 more years at about $75 mil total. Love that extension for them. Gives them a potential ace or if not a very strong #2 starter for a while.

The Wolves are a joke. Still, glad they at least took a swing with Gobert. Unfortunately, the franchise is now set back for 5 years of Edwards' prime. Might as well have A-Rod move the team to Vegas.

The Lopez extension is excellent value. He seems to be ascending, and even if he stalls out at a #2 and doesn't develop into an ace, he's better value (and slightly younger) than Jose Berrios. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Wild win last night. Of course at a horrible time to watch, but nice to get a win on the road.

Yes, big W on the road to open the series. Those 2OT games have to be deflating for the loser and a huge boost for the winner. 

I was impressed with Steel, Faber, and Nyquist. 

What do you do if you're Evason? Start Gus Bus again or let MAF get a game? Does the 2OT play any decision in that?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Yes, big W on the road to open the series. Those 2OT games have to be deflating for the loser and a huge boost for the winner. 

I was impressed with Steel, Faber, and Nyquist. 

What do you do if you're Evason? Start Gus Bus again or let MAF get a game? Does the 2OT play any decision in that?

I'm going with MAF. There is something to be said for staying with the hot hand, but the Stanley Cup playoffs are, perhaps, the biggest grind in sports playoffs. A 2OT game can really wear down a goaltender. Fleury is more than capable and has so much playoff experience. Being a game up, on the road, I'd give him the extra rest so he's 100% on Friday.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I'm going with MAF. There is something to be said for staying with the hot hand, but the Stanley Cup playoffs are, perhaps, the biggest grind in sports playoffs. A 2OT game can really wear down a goaltender. Fleury is more than capable and has so much playoff experience. Being a game up, on the road, I'd give him the extra rest so he's 100% on Friday.

Pretty much my thoughts as well!

• Like 2