Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Appears that I was wrong about starting MAF…

He is washed up. Had a good stretch earlier this year but has generally looked like he is struggling out there. Always gives up some soft goals after flinging himself all over the place and getting out of position.

That being said, he does have his moments where he can sometimes do just enough to keep us in games and give us a chance. I thought after the brutally long game 1 that Gus needed a rest and MAF should have started game 2, but i wish Dean would have pulled MAF after goal #4 tonight. Just gave up 2 more soft goals (though the D was out of position a bit on goal 5). Hope he can shake it off in his next start but also hope he isnt in until like game 6 or better yet RD 2.

• Like 1

No luck for the Wild on Sunday. That first goal on the PP likely doesn't happen if the officials are on top of it.

Wolves though did get a solid win last night. Nice to not get swept. Wolves would likely be doing better were KAT out and Naz Ried and Jaden McDaniel healthy.

Twins got a needed win yesterday. Now Yankees come to town, I hope we can win 2 out of 3 so we can say that we won the season series with the Yankees for the first time in 15 years. I don't think we play them again this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

No luck for the Wild on Sunday. That first goal on the PP likely doesn't happen if the officials are on top of it.

Wolves though did get a solid win last night. Nice to not get swept. Wolves would likely be doing better were KAT out and Naz Ried and Jaden McDaniel healthy.

Twins got a needed win yesterday. Now Yankees come to town, I hope we can win 2 out of 3 so we can say that we won the season series with the Yankees for the first time in 15 years. I don't think we play them again this year.

So, are the Wild going to lose the series now, just like they did last year after being up 2-1?

As far as the Wolves, I guess it's nice to win at least one, but considering going into the season they were hoping to make progress in the playoffs and win a series, the season is still a massive disappointment.  They are still a franchise that spins its wheels with no direction.

4 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Well that was an absolutely embarrassing effort from the Wild last night. Wild special teams continue to be abysmal and the difference in this series.

So, will my proclamation from Monday hold true and that they will be done too just like the Wolves were last night?

18 minutes ago, swede700 said:

So, will my proclamation from Monday hold true and that they will be done too just like the Wolves were last night?

I have little faith they'll win a two in a row with how many penalties they've been taking and their inability to kill them. Coupled with their own inept power play the odds are stacked against us.

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

We all know that's hard to do when these Minnesota teams have just beaten us down for decades.  🤣

enjoy the journey more.....or not, up to you, but that's what I'm doing now (which is why I loved last years' Vikings' season so much, despite the ending).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

enjoy the journey more.....or not, up to you, but that's what I'm doing now (which is why I loved last years' Vikings' season so much, despite the ending).

Yes, there's always moments that I enjoy, but I will admit that since I rarely have watched baseball since the '94 fiasco (although I'm more likely to now with the rules changes, but I'm not there yet) , it's much easier to be cynical about the Twins. 

The Wolves, outside of the Garnett years, have been a joke their entire existence and haven't offered me a reason to ever be optimistic.  Maybe I can when Taylor is out of the picture and when KAT is gone as well (he's better than Love was, but that's it, Jimmy was right).

As far as the Wild, I have little attachment to them. I moved away about 2 months into their first season.  Basically, I've seen about 2 months of Marian Gaborik and 1 preseason game here in KC vs. the Blues a few years ago.  It's been unfortunate for me that since I moved away, I've lived in 2 non-hockey markets in Seattle (although they are now) and Kansas City, so my exposure and knowledge of current hockey is limited.  My knowledge is limited to the era of Lemieux, Messier and Jagr (is he still playing somewhere overseas?).