Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Mason would never survive in the NIL/transfer portal era.  Maroney probably would transferred out after his first year. 

On for sure. It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. It's just frustrating to see how poorly coached this team is when every year they rave about his recruiting. It feels like the Gophers peaked under Fleck 3 or 4 years ago. Now they'll just live in that 2nd and 3rd tier of the B1G.

40 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

On for sure. It was more tongue-in-cheek than anything. It's just frustrating to see how poorly coached this team is when every year they rave about his recruiting. It feels like the Gophers peaked under Fleck 3 or 4 years ago. Now they'll just live in that 2nd and 3rd tier of the B1G.

It's too bad.   I haven't given up yet, since it's still early in Athan's tenure...ultimately, the success or failure will lie with him, since he's the transitional guy after Tanner.  Tanner did nothing but regress the longer he was the QB, so we'll have to see what happens with Athan.  PJ's long-term outlook, fortunately or not, will lie with him. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Which included the greatest single game performance by a pitcher I've ever seen. 

Absolutely. I still remember watching that game as a young teen. You got the feeling that even if the game went 18 innings, Morris wasn't coming out and wasn't giving up a run. That might have been the best pitched game, all around, in World Series history.

• Like 1