Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

What an absolutely unbelievable game!

1991 Twins Game 7

2024 Timberwolves Game 7

2009 Game 163

Minneapolis Miracle

The greatest games in MN sports history. 

I’m not sure it’s better than 2004, it’s essentially a coin flip, but that was KGs defining game as a Wolf.

I’m hoping this team can take us where we’ve never been, then they can take the title of greatest game in Wolves history.

Edited by Worm Guts
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

I’m not sure it’s better than 2004, it’s essentially a coin flip, but that was KGs defining game as a Wolf.

I’m hoping this team can take us where we’ve never been, then they can take the title of greatest game in Wolves history.

That was one amazing comeback, down 20 early 3rd quarter, I thought absolutely no way they would come back with how well Murray was shooting.  Especially with how dead they looked in the first half and how poorly they came out.  

But there was a point where clearly they were all in and knew this is it, do it now.  Thankfully Denver starting missing a ton of shots and the Wolves kept scoring, Rudy finally settled down and made solid offensive plays and baskets.  Most importantly they spread the ball around and got them tired defensively because of all the ball movement and that has to continue against Dallas.  Great team effort and Anthony Edwards is sure fur to watch.  His ball handling, shooting, attacking the bucket and defense are all outstanding not to mention his confidence and leadership ability.  The kid is an absolute dude and is fun to watch play.  

Will be interesting against the Mavericks what happens, they got decent big men who can run but Luka and Kyrie defend no one.  Curious the matchups, I assume Jones will take Edwards, Doncic on Daniels, and Irving on Conley.  That leaves Washington on Towns and Gafford on Gobert.

The Wolves need Daniels to continue to be aggressive no question and Gobert will love going up against Gafford and Lively compared to Jokic.  Lively is a big problem off the bench but Reid can guard him as well so nice to have the depth.  At times they will not be able to stop Doncic at times but same with happened with Jokic/Murray.   Hold the others down and they should be all right.

Could easily say though Denver is probably the best team in the playoffs out of the final 8 right now in the entire NBA and beating them game seven at home is super impressive!

It was great after the game Barkley told Edwards he has not been up to Minnesota in like 20 years what good restaurants to go to.... and Edwards said get 'Bring ya ***!"  2:30 mark  😁😄 

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

I am not really an NBA fan...but, I am happy for all you T-Wolves fans!

Man, it's hard not to be a fan of this group of guys. Especially when you consider how long this fanbase has suffered. They were given the death penalty after the Joe Smith debacle. Had one respectable season, then descended back into sub-mediocrity for 20 years. It's been a pleasure to see KAT mature into a guy who is willing to dim his star to let others shine. Everyone in the league hates and disrespects Rudy, but he is THE difference. Conley, McDaniels, NAW and NAZ are the best supporting cast you could ask for, and Anthony Edwards is the new face of the NBA. In a sport so driven by superstars, the Timberwolves are probably the truest "team" in the league. 

And to think, last year Jaden McDaniels was punching walls and Rudy was punching Kyle Anderson...

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

What an absolutely unbelievable game!

1991 Twins Game 7

2024 Timberwolves Game 7

2009 Game 163

Minneapolis Miracle

The greatest games in MN sports history. 

TBH I'd claim the Miracle On Ice for MN too. 

• Like 2

That was a crazy game. I wasn't able to watch all of it, but I caught the end, really the important part of the game. But the swings in the series, and it was probably good to have the closest game in the final game of the series. Ant has an off game scoring wise and still is one of the keys to the team if not the key to the team as he does everything else right. And he finished the game strong scoring wise, which is just a skill that I don't know how he does it, when it's not going well he can still always step up in big minutes.

• Like 2

This wolves team has really gotten me back to enjoying NBA basketball. Primarily because of how well they play defense, and how well they play as a whole team. 

Growing up watching Garnett, Kobe, Duncan, etc, the “modern” NBA really lost me over the past 10-15 years because of how the game just seemed to deteriorate to just 1 man basketball and lazy basketball. 

This year has been a blast. 

• Like 3

NBA 2023-24 Season Averages

FG% 47.4
3P% 36.6

Game 1:
MIN: 52.4/40.7
DEN: 46.7/41.9
Wolves Net: +5.7/-1.2

Game 2:
MIN: 50.0/39.4
DEN: 34.9/30.0
Wolves Net: +15.1/+9.4

Game 3:
MIN: 43.7/30.3
DEN: 53.8/48.3
Wolves Net: -10.1/-18.3

Game 4:
MIN: 47.6/39.3
DEN: 57.0/44.8
Wolves Net: -9.4/-5.5

Game 5:
MIN: 48.7/30.8
DEN: 55/47.4
Wolves Net: -6.3/-16.6

Game 6:
MIN: 46.5/37.5
DEN: 30.2/19.4
Wolves Net: +16.3/+18.1

Game 7:
MIN: 39.2/29.4
DEN: 41.0/24.2
Wolves Net: -1.8/+5.2

Taking 3 of 4 on the road against the defending champs is no small feat either. WCF here we come!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

This wolves team has really gotten me back to enjoying NBA basketball. Primarily because of how well they play defense, and how well they play as a whole team. 

Growing up watching Garnett, Kobe, Duncan, etc, the “modern” NBA really lost me over the past 10-15 years because of how the game just seemed to deteriorate to just 1 man basketball and lazy basketball. 

I was a Showtime Lakers fan. The era you refer to was early into the 1-man basketball era, which was started by Jordan. It only got worse over time. While I haven't watched this Wolves team, it certainly hearkens back to the days of team basketball, which I found enjoyable.  Despite what some may think, the era of the Lakers/Celtics/76ers/Pistons was more team-oriented play, despite all of the star names associated with those franchises.  I sincerely hope we've gotten back to that, because when the name on the back means more in a sport than the name on the front, I lose a lot of interest. 

7 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

True this Wolves team is fun to watch but most of that is Anthony Edwards.  Love his energy, love the passion he plays with and the confidence he has.  Not to mention he is a highlight reel that is amazing attacking the rim but also on some of his fade away shots and his ball handling, it is impressive and fun to watch!

I agree though playing defense is fun to watch and honestly I hate when NBA games are just a three point shooting contest and that is all any team does it shoot three point shots back and forth and whoever hits the most wins.  That is boring, post play to me is fun to watch and being tough and physical is fun to watch.  Great to have a good defensive team and a great player like Edwards getting steals in the open court against Murray on Denver.  That is outstanding and Gobert/Daniels could be 1st team all NBA defense and honestly Edwards could be on a All defensive team as well.

Honestly I hope A-Rod and company can purchase the Wolves, awesome how A-Rod is still going to games and supporting the players even though Taylor says he will not sell the team to them because of whatever reason.  Clearly Taylor has sellers remorse and wishes he sold the team for what they are valued at now which is a hell of a lot more than what it was a few years ago.  Hopefully the courts will sort it out and still allow the sale to them, brings more energy to the team honestly even if A-Rod is only a minority owner.