Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

27 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I wonder what they could get for KAT this offseason. I just don’t see how he’s the right guy to have next to Ant. 

I think the floor spacing big element is good with Ant. I would be willing to trade him, since we have a poor man's version in Naz Reid. I'm just worried he's sabotaging his value with his playoff performance. 

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Will this be a big enough loss for them to win it all next year?

You would hope so. Jordan lost in the Conference Finals to the Pistons 2 yrs in a row before finally breaking through.  So, sometimes it just takes awhile. 

4 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I agree but I'd still like to see him try and attack more when he is that close. He's missed some easy, or should be easy, buckets for an NBA player.

As you say KAT has been way more impactful, in a negative way.

Gobert has terrible hands and handles. His offensive game generally comes from getting easy dunks on good passes, but those passes have to be great and on target. He drops or fumbles passes in almost any traffic, and if he's a big liability if he has to dribble. It would be nice to see him develop a hook shot, but he is what he is at this stage of his career. That said, his defense is simply invaluable. While his offense hurts, the absence of his defense hurts even more.

Towns...man...just when you think he's turned a corner, he goes and plays like he has in the first three games. I like when he's aggressive to the rim, but he's settling for too many threes that aren't falling. What's worse is his propensity to just stand there and stare at them after he shoots. Just makes offensive rebounding that much more difficult. Still, the fact that he was on the bench with 3 seconds left in game 3 was baffling. If they get swept, I don't know that KAT is on the team next season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

there ya go, guys...

Wolves stay alive, 105-100.

That's a plus...it would been kinda embarrassing to get swept in the Conference Finals. 

• Like 2

We got good offensive KAT last night but also dumb-foul taker KAT.

Sure would be nice to win a game on our home court Thursday night, what are we at home this post-season? 2-0 (Suns), 1-2 (Nuggets), and 0-2 (Mavs) so 3-4...that is not good.

• Like 3

parody: "Reports are coming out that Umpire Angel Hernandez's retirement came out from a meeting with top MLB officials. Officials were questioning Hernandez's ability to see and comprehend correctly. Angel got so worked up that he stormed out and slammed the door behind himself. It took Angel 10 minutes to realize he was in the closet... His announcement of retirement came soon after."

why are there so many jokes coming out about this guy? are they warranted?

Just now, vike daddy said:

parody: "Reports are coming out that Umpire Angel Hernandez's retirement came out from a meeting with top MLB officials. Officials were questioning Hernandez's ability to see and comprehend correctly. Angel got so worked up that he stormed out and slammed the door behind himself. It took Angel 10 minutes to realize he was in the closet... His announcement of retirement came soon after."

why are there so many jokes coming out about this guy? are they warranted?

They are, he has been consistently graded as one of the worst umpires and has a lot of his notable misses in big moments of the game. There are a number of compilation videos of his missed calls. Some are close, but a lot are just horrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

They are, he has been consistently graded as one of the worst umpires and has a lot of his notable misses in big moments of the game. There are a number of compilation videos of his missed calls. Some are close, but a lot are just horrible. 

To tell you how long he was around, his first year was the last time a Minnesota men's team won a championship.  😂 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

To tell you how long he was around, his first year was the last time a Minnesota men's team won a championship.  😂 

So it's very much his fault for every MN men's team. We got a shot again.