Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

70-53 on August 17, the Twins were 2 games back of first place, and a 10 game lead for a wild card spot.

Now the best they can do is 85-77, which is under their bet line of 85.5 wins, and they won’t make the playoffs. A truly catastrophic collapse. Another classic Minnesota sports moment. 

I don’t know how anyone could be allowed to keep their job after a failure like that. 

IMO this collapse is 80% on the players, 15% on ownership, 5% on coaching/FO. Guys just weren't executing, and there were no reinforcements available to the FO. Correa, Buxton, and Lewis not being on the field together, and the bullpen absolutely crumbling cost them another trip to the postseason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm curious how much restrictions were put on the front office at the trade deadline.  Obviously they couldn't spend a lot of money but I wonder if they had any flexibility or if it was a hard no on adding any extra money

Given the decades of evidence under this ownership, I think the answer is pretty clear. This team has seriously added payroll one time under this ownership at the deadline.....

Thought about it for a bit and I don’t want to absolve Rocco. The Margot/platoon every time stuff needs to be dialed back. Also, asking Ryan Jeffers and Brooks Lee to bunt with the game and season on the line when they have been asked to take their A swing 100% of the time all year is ludicrous. Asking anyone to change their fundamental approach to instead do something they’ve never done in the highest pressure situation is dumb.

I stand by my assignment of blame, but the manager isn’t innocent.