(Poll) Predict the QB John Dorsey Wants at Number 1

Mind Character

(Poll) Which QB Does John Dorsey Want at Number 1?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) Which QB Does John Dorsey Want at Number 1?

I think the only options at 1 are Darnold and Allen. Mayfield at 4, IMO.

I read that Dorsey sees Allen's flaws as 100% coachable. Darnold has just as many tools as Allen but is a bit more accurate and has better game tape. Darnold has to be the favorite right now. 

Rosen has some well known character issues that may not endear himself to Dorsey. He is also skinny with concussion history and may not be able to withstand a beating like Roethlisberger et al do. He is accurate and plays well under center. I just don't see him as a fit with Cleveland.

This is going to be interesting as it will define Dorsey's stewardship.

I am pretty sure that no GM ever has been dealt as sweet a hand of picks, an accommodating draft rich in QB talent and cap space to acquire the team's QBOTF as Dorsey.

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

Since he was a Dorsey pick, how do y'all think that Hogan factors into our QB situation?

I mean he and his performance probably also suffered Hueball last year.

100% chance Hogan is gone, unless for some stupid reason we trade Kizer, in which case I'd say 80% chance he's gone.

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

This is going to be interesting as it will define Dorsey's stewardship.

I am pretty sure that no GM ever has been dealt as sweet a hand of picks, an accommodating draft rich in QB talent and cap space to acquire the team's QBOTF as Dorsey.

Very true.

The guy who put all of this together must have been a wise, forward thinking man.

20 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm really glad that we can be pretty much united as a board behind #AnybodyButAllen

I wish I could join with this. That's a solid message. Drafting Josh Allen will hurt me badly.

So will Baker Mayfield, but I know there are many of you guys in here that love him.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I wish I could join with this. That's a solid message. Drafting Josh Allen will hurt me badly.

So will Baker Mayfield, but I know there are many of you guys in here that love him.

Baker was at least good in college.

Im not sure I’d want Josh Allen to be the face of my college team tbh.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Baker was at least good in college.

Im not sure I’d want Josh Allen to be the face of my college team tbh.

That much I will agree completely with.

Baker at least has a history of completing the ball regularly to his teammate, regardless of the context behind the degree of difficulty of those passes.

Allen on the other hand can't hit a barn door with a banjo. That is not a trait found in successful NFL QBs.

5 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That much I will agree completely with.

Baker at least has a history of completing the ball regularly to his teammate, regardless of the context behind the degree of difficulty of those passes.

Allen on the other hand can't hit a barn door with a banjo. That is not a trait found in successful NFL QBs.

This is essentially the point I was trying to make in the other thread.

I can listen to arguements for Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, and, to a lesser degree, Jackson.  But to say Mayfield is in any way riskier than Allen to me is crazy. Allen is boom or bust, with a much higher likelihood of bust imo.

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

My Draft order for QBs is: Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson. I really cannot get behind drafting Baker. All I see is johnny 2.0. It is hard to look past ego and mistakes previous FOs have made. Give me a blue collared kid with humility like Darnold or Allen any day over the show boat. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived