(Poll) Predict the QB John Dorsey Wants at Number 1

Mind Character

(Poll) Which QB Does John Dorsey Want at Number 1?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) Which QB Does John Dorsey Want at Number 1?

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I'm a bit confused, what's that article meant to prove?

Darnold isn't exactly from the roughest, most working class area in the world. But he's not Josh Rosen. Rosen is from Manhattan beach, a place where nobody is really from. Son of a renowned spinal surgeon who was almost surgeon general for Obama I think. He's rich and to be honest he acts like it.

Darnold is from San Clemente, his dad works in hospitals too, but as a plumber. I read a story that his parents bypassed wedding and honeymoon stuff and used the money they had to buy a rundown house that had previously been used as a meth lab or something like that. Might be wrong but I recall reading a long piece about it. I've seen interviews of his parents and they come across like very common people.

I'm not saying any of the things above are hard evidence that Darnold is a blue-collar guy, but I am saying that I don't know what the article above about his current college gf is supposed to suggest.

For what it's worth, and I don't think it's much, because I don't really care where a guy is from, I like what I've seen from Darnold and his overall attitude. He held back on going to Utah and other schools, in order to go to USC and prove he is better than the five star prospects in Max Browne and Ricky Town. He then outperformed them in camp and still wasn't made the starter because Helton wanted to keep his redshirt rights and play the 5 star guy even though he knew it was the wrong choice. They got blown out twice then Darnold got in and won every game that year except his debut. Culminating in a 52-49 Rose Bowl where he was as calm and composed as you could hope for.

I'm a lot more interested in a prospects on field ability, but I do think Darnold is the kid from LA that is a good fit for Cleveland. The other kid from artificial-LA is also a great prospect in my opinion, but I admit I'm less confident about his fit in Cleveland.

Yeah when I see Darnold I think of him as a blue collar guy also. 

22 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:
On 1/30/2018 at 7:26 AM, Aztec Hammer said:

I'm a bit confused, what's that article meant to prove?

Darnold isn't exactly from the roughest, most working class area in the world. But he's not Josh Rosen. Rosen is from Manhattan beach, a place where nobody is really from. Son of a renowned spinal surgeon who was almost surgeon general for Obama I think. He's rich and to be honest he acts like it.

Darnold is from San Clemente, his dad works in hospitals too, but as a plumber. I read a story that his parents bypassed wedding and honeymoon stuff and used the money they had to buy a rundown house that had previously been used as a meth lab or something like that. Might be wrong but I recall reading a long piece about it. I've seen interviews of his parents and they come across like very common people.

I'm not saying any of the things above are hard evidence that Darnold is a blue-collar guy, but I am saying that I don't know what the article above about his current college gf is supposed to suggest.

For what it's worth, and I don't think it's much, because I don't really care where a guy is from, I like what I've seen from Darnold and his overall attitude. He held back on going to Utah and other schools, in order to go to USC and prove he is better than the five star prospects in Max Browne and Ricky Town. He then outperformed them in camp and still wasn't made the starter because Helton wanted to keep his redshirt rights and play the 5 star guy even though he knew it was the wrong choice. They got blown out twice then Darnold got in and won every game that year except his debut. Culminating in a 52-49 Rose Bowl where he was as calm and composed as you could hope for.

I'm a lot more interested in a prospects on field ability, but I do think Darnold is the kid from LA that is a good fit for Cleveland. The other kid from artificial-LA is also a great prospect in my opinion, but I admit I'm less confident about his fit in Cleveland.

Yeah when I see Darnold I think of him as a blue collar guy also. 

This is also how I feel. Seems like we watched and read the same stuff. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

For the record none of these top QBs will be blue collar guys after the draft.

I think the blue-collar reference is meant to describe his roots, upbringing and values vs. those of an entitled snowflake.

Archived