(Poll) Which QB Does Hue Jackson Want at Number 1?

Mind Character

1. (Poll) Which QB Does Hue Jackson Want at Number 1?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. 1. (Poll) Which QB Does Hue Jackson Want at Number 1?

8 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Workouts are dumb, especially qb workouts. 

Jamarcus Russel could put on a qb workout as good as anyone. So could Johnny. 

Yeah I dont care about a workout

I love the senior bowl though so you can see these guys in pads. Especially with the small schools seeing how guys stack up

I do also like combine just to see how they handle the environment if any alpha dogs arise  

20 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s definitely an example of ineptitude for Hue.  I appreciate the recap of his career, but I’m not senile yet and remember it well.  To sum up your overview, it went: “WOW”, “not bad”, “oof”, “who?” (practice squad time).

This is when we signed him, after he’d shown to be not good at playing QB.

I don’t care what his workout looked like, he wasn’t, and still isn’t, a good QB.

He was the last QB to win a game in a Browns uniform.  We get it, you hate Hue, we all hate Hue, but it gets tiring reading this forum and everything bad that's happened the last 2 years is Hue's fault.  The QBs we've cycled through our roster the most glaring examples.  Just because Hue told the media that he's backed most the mistakes we've made at the position does not entail that passing on Wentz was his call, signing RG3 was his call, Kessler was his call, drafting Kizer was his call.  It's part of his job to endorse what our organization does to the media.

That's not to say he didn't have a heavy hand in those decisions, it's just the fact we don't know.  We are speculating, I can just as easy speculate that since Sashi was fired and the most obvious thing we've done wrong is not draft Wentz, Watson that it was 100% his decision to do that, besides, at the end of the day personnel was HIS responsibility.  However, I doubt it was that simple, but a lot of takes about what Hue has done behind closed doors are nothing more than fan fiction.  

Tl;dr stop being nerds lmao

On 1/19/2018 at 6:50 PM, Mind Character said:

Like I keep saying...it's okay to hate Hue and believe he's incompetent. You can find real evidence to support that belief, but the evidence your using actually doesn't support your claim at all.

Deleted a lot of it for brevity but this is an excellent post.  I agree 100%.  Also Hue's own situational management as a HC is atrocious and that's a huge problem for him.  I'm also starting to come to terms with the possibility that Kizer's lack of development could just be Kizer being slow in general.

To me the decision to fire Sashi Brown over Hue Jackson is not anywhere as illogical and unfair as other posters make it seem.  The number of "JAGs" that we let go off our roster that emerged on playoff teams this year was sickening.  Our inexperience consistently prevented us from winning close games and it's unreasonable to expect an entire roster of 1st and 2nd year players to play like pros with "great coaching".  Asking anybody to closely micromanage 45 players on our roster is unfair and doomed to fail.  I'm a broken record on this sentiment, but I really don't think us as fans differentiate what happens in Madden franchise mode from how the NFL works in actuality.  Youth and inexperience significantly hinders a teams performance.  Veterans are very important, for in game situations, culture, and so coaches can actually dedicate more time coaching the guys who havent been there before.  What we had last year was an unmanageable circus.

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Deleted a lot of it for brevity but this is an excellent post.  I agree 100%.  Also Hue's own situational management as a HC is atrocious and that's a huge problem for him.  I'm also starting to come to terms with the possibility that Kizer's lack of development could just be Kizer being slow in general.

To me the decision to fire Sashi Brown over Hue Jackson is not anywhere as illogical and unfair as other posters make it seem.  The number of "JAGs" that we let go off our roster that emerged on playoff teams this year was sickening.  Our inexperience consistently prevented us from winning close games and it's unreasonable to expect an entire roster of 1st and 2nd year players to play like pros with "great coaching".  Asking anybody to closely micromanage 45 players on our roster is unfair and doomed to fail.  I'm a broken record on this sentiment, but I really don't think us as fans differentiate what happens in Madden franchise mode from how the NFL works in actuality.  Youth and inexperience significantly hinders a teams performance.  Veterans are very important, for in game situations, culture, and so coaches can actually dedicate more time coaching the guys who havent been there before.  What we had last year was an unmanageable circus.

Well put. Can I still be mad at Hueball for throwing people under the bus and his terrible clock management though?

That is all

Mastercheddaar

I think it's weird because Rosen is a Hue Jackson wetdream.

However, this will all come down to of we get a stop gap veteran QB. If it's Alex Smith I don't think we take a QB #1 and trade out while taking a development prospect in the mid rounds. If it's AJ McCarron on a lower level I think they stay at #1 and draft the QB with the highest ceiling which is Darnold/Allen knowing they have a year or two to learn. If we don't get a startable veteran QB, I think they take Rosen knowing he is the most right now ready QB in the draft.

It plays out like this:

Smith/Cousins ------> mid round project (Falk?)

McCarron/Foles/Bridgewater ------> Darnold or Allen

No startable veteran ----->  Rosen

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think it's weird because Rosen is a Hue Jackson wetdream.

However, this will all come down to of we get a stop gap veteran QB. If it's Alex Smith I don't think we take a QB #1 and trade out while taking a development prospect in the mid rounds. If it's AJ McCarron on a lower level I think they stay at #1 and draft the QB with the highest ceiling which is Darnold/Allen knowing they have a year or two to learn. If we don't get a startable veteran QB, I think they take Rosen knowing he is the most right now ready QB in the draft.

It plays out like this:

Smith/Cousins ------> mid round project (Falk?)

McCarron/Foles/Bridgewater ------> Darnold or Allen

No startable veteran ----->  Rosen

Why would Smith prevent Dorsey from drafting a QB high?

He literally drafted a qb high to replace that very dude 8 months ago.

4 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

We do have a lot of youth, that was the gameplan though. We also have a veteran offensive line and running backs, Collins/Kirksey/McCourty/Taylor etc... on defense. It isn't a terrible blend and the defense did their part. Offensively we were weak at WR early in the year but otherwise it was mostly on the QB and game plan. The Rams have been the youngest or second youngest team the last 5 years and they won 4 times as many games in their worst year as the leagues youngest team than we have won in the last two as the 2nd and 1st youngest team combined.

Youth is a good excuse for not performing well in the playoffs or in big games. It isn't an excuse to go 1-31.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why would Smith prevent Dorsey from drafting a QB high?

He literally drafted a qb high to replace that very dude 8 months ago.

Because you have your developmental QB already on the roster with Kizer who was a early 2nd round pick. 

Maybe also they just loved Mahommes as a prospect that much. That doesn't mean there is somebody in this draft that excites Dorsey as much as Mahommes did to make Smith tradable.

I just think if they get Smith, it deemphasizes the immediate need for a top 5 QB in the draft and allows you to strictly take best players available like Barkley/Fitzpatrick combo.

Every scenerio is different so I don't expect Dorsey to do the exact same thing here as he did in KC. Completely different teams, needs and situations 

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Because you have your developmental QB already on the roster with Kizer who was a early 2nd round pick. 

Maybe also they just loved Mahommes as a prospect that much. That doesn't mean there is somebody in this draft that excites Dorsey as much as Mahommes did to make Smith tradable.

I just think if they get Smith, it deemphasizes the immediate need for a top 5 QB in the draft and allows you to strictly take best players available like Barkley/Fitzpatrick combo.

Every scenerio is different so I don't expect Dorsey to do the exact same thing here as he did in KC. Completely different teams, needs and situations 

Maybe.

I can’t see any way in which Haslam and Dorsey pass on a qb at 1 personally.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Great post in general, but this is the key for me.

I mean... uh... I don't disagree or anything you said :D but freaky liked this post instead of the one it referred to? I get you need the likes and all... but c'mon freaky.

Just goofing by the way, it just struck me as humorous so I thought I'd share.

7 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Well put. Can I still be mad at Hueball for throwing people under the bus and his terrible clock management though?

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Yes, and not hiring an offensive coordinator. Then his terrible backwards explanation for not hiring one that seemed to imply he may have been trying to subvert our team.  I get all of that and feel the same.  He has been obviously mistaken several times, but there was enough ineptitude to go around. I don't think it's ridiculous to think that Hue's reputation in the league saved him his job and cost Sashi.  I don't think that it's a terrible approach to retain Hue because of obvious discontinuity issues.  I think retaining Sashi, an unproven entity with a bad record, while firing Hue, a tenured and sometimes successful coach, would obviously degrade Haslem's reputation in the league much more.  We fired Sashi and immediately went on to somebody with more proven success.  I don't that would be a possibility trying to fill Hue's shoes instead.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

We do have a lot of youth, that was the gameplan though. We also have a veteran offensive line and running backs, Collins/Kirksey/McCourty/Taylor etc... on defense. It isn't a terrible blend and the defense did their part. Offensively we were weak at WR early in the year but otherwise it was mostly on the QB and game plan. The Rams have been the youngest or second youngest team the last 5 years and they won 4 times as many games in their worst year as the leagues youngest team than we have won in the last two as the 2nd and 1st youngest team combined.

Youth is a good excuse for not performing well in the playoffs or in big games. It isn't an excuse to go 1-31.

That's not as great of a point as you make it seem.  Those years the Rams were still at least 0.7 years older on average, which sounds slight, but is a big difference in average age.  Our youth is unprecedented, despite being being youngest team in those respective years we were still significantly younger than any team since 2013.  

Amounting to 37 more seasons of experience under that rosters belt, at their youngest, than the Browns had in 2017.  Even some random distribution of that experience across our roster I think would have swung a couple games in our favor, considering our ineptitude at special teams and the millions of mental errors our team made this season that cost us games.  Unless of course we dump all 37 for all pro late 60s Joe Thomas.

Archived