The Bart Starr Endorsement Letter for Jerry Kramer

Bob Fox

Hello Folks. I'm glad to be part of Football's Future (thanks to John, aka Leader). I'll be doing a piece about the 2018 East-West Shrine Game later today, but here is my latest piece about the endorsement letter for Jerry Kramer sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by Cherry Starr on behalf of Bart.

https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2018/01/18/the-bart-starr-endorsement-letter-for-jerry-kramer/

"On February 3 (the day before Super Bowl LII), the 48-person selection committee will vote on the Class of 2018 for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Later that day after the voting has been finalized, this is what I envision will happen:

Kramer will get a knock on his Minneapolis hotel door by David Baker, the President and Executive Director for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

After Kramer opens the door, this is what he will hear from Baker, “Jerry, it is my great pleasure to tell you that you will be going into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as one of the greatest players, coaches and contributors to ever play this game.”

10 hours ago, Bob Fox said:

Hello Folks. I'm glad to be part of Football's Future (thanks to John, aka Leader). I'll be doing a piece about the 2018 East-West Shrine Game later today, but here is my latest piece about the endorsement letter for Jerry Kramer sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by Cherry Starr on behalf of Bart.

https://greenbaybobfox.wordpress.com/2018/01/18/the-bart-starr-endorsement-letter-for-jerry-kramer/

Thank you for your involvement in this and for sharing on this forum! One of my most memorable posts I've seen in a long time and great reads.

14 hours ago, cooters22 said:

Thank you for your involvement in this and for sharing on this forum! One of my most memorable posts I've seen in a long time and great reads.

Hey wait.......Cooters.....not taking anything away from Bob's post....but have you checked out some of my stuff? LOL

OneTwoSixFive, I haven't talked to Chis about the players you mentioned, but I will. Great minds must think alike because I'm working on a piece regarding pass rushers. All that being said, if the right CB falls to 14 (see Joshua Jackson), that could also be a possibility. King and Jackson would be great bookends at CB. Randall would be the slot corner. Also, if Roquan Smith somehow fell to No. 14, you would have to take a serious look at him, as he does it all.

7 hours ago, Bob Fox said:

OneTwoSixFive, I haven't talked to Chis about the players you mentioned, but I will. Great minds must think alike because I'm working on a piece regarding pass rushers. All that being said, if the right CB falls to 14 (see Joshua Jackson), that could also be a possibility. King and Jackson would be great bookends at CB. Randall would be the slot corner. Also, if Roquan Smith somehow fell to No. 14, you would have to take a serious look at him, as he does it all.

Thanks for your reply, Bob. While I tend to be a bit locked in at pass rusher in round one, I cannot deny there should be excellent WR and CB prospects (maybe even Ward will be a CB prospect, because now that Ted is not GM the minimum height limit may be relaxed a bit). The best WR (in Packers eyes) of Sutton,Washington, Ateman, Ridley, would be worth serious consideration as well.

I am not on the Roquan Smith bandwaggon. It isn't because I don't think he will be an excellent player.......I'm still hoping Josh Jones can make a leap to be the fast, hard-hitting coverage guy that rounds out that unit. Other positions need upgrading more, imo.

PS Hope you get your JK wish, maybe it is his time, this year.

13 hours ago, RedRaider said:

It's hard to believe that Kramer is not in the HOF. If he were on a less successful, less star studded team he'd probaby would have been inducted decades ago. 

Don't see how this logic makes sense. If Kramer wasn't on a HOF team, he doesn't have nearly the attention or focus on him and we're not having this discussion about the importance of him being in the HOF. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Don't see how this logic makes sense. If Kramer wasn't on a HOF team, he doesn't have nearly the attention or focus on him and we're not having this discussion about the importance of him being in the HOF. 

Not that I agree, but there was also talk of people getting tired of all the Packers enshrined from those teams. Again, I don't agree, and don't think it should apply to arguably one of the best at his position ever, but that kind of pushback wouldn't surprise me

Archived