Conference Championship Week Mock. 2 Rounds 1 trade

zappa13004

I like Hurst in the 1st round with Vea and Payne already gone thats a very solid pick.   In the 2nd round where as i like Wynn or any OG thats got talent there.  I don't think it's a pick that will be made in the real draft probably.  Dimitroff just had a interview and said he is more than likely targeting our OG position in FA and he doesn't like to take lineman early because the curve takes them to long to get going in the nfl usually.  So it seems we are looking at a vet in FA this year maybe someone like Norwell or Pugh possibly as our big FA pickup maybe.   Still not a bad pick considering FA hasn't hit yet and we don't know if they are gonna be able to get one or not.  But im thinking maybe a TE, LB, or a bigger SDE there.

Don't understand the Saints pick... a guard at 27? Saints have 2015 1st round pick Andrus Peat at LG and invested big money in Larry Warford at RG last offseason in free agency. Max Unger is under contract for a couple more years and all 3 played very well in 2017. Sure we could use depth but we have much more pressing needs at other positions like LB, TE, QB. Unless you just have the Aubrun lineman rated so high we couldnt pass.

7 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

okay

The Cardinals offensive line needs improvement but not at the expense of drafting skill players in the first round. Going Oline with Courtland Sutton and Joshua Jackson still available doesn’t make sense. As far as Lamar Jackson in the second, history says his skill set won’t transfer well to the NFL. 

Great-looking draft for the Bills, but I have a couple problems with it, realistically: Firstly, although those are two solid players in the 1st, with our needs, give us Josh Allen and Maurice Hurst. In real life, I think they'll both be gone, but one can dream. The 2nd-round picks are AMAZING, but I think both Phillips and Rankin go QUITE a bit higher; maybe even in the FIRST round, or at least VERY high second.

3 hours ago, Smhx2519 said:

The Cardinals offensive line needs improvement but not at the expense of drafting skill players in the first round. Going Oline with Courtland Sutton and Joshua Jackson still available doesn’t make sense. As far as Lamar Jackson in the second, history says his skill set won’t transfer well to the NFL. 

Great. I mean, sure you can reply the way you want ! But i really prefer when it is this way, explaining your thought. thank you.

The Oline is important especially considering Palmer's retirement and we don't know for now who will be under center so my thought was to improve your Oline which isn't very strong on the interior thinking than David Johnson is your #1 offensive option for now (respect for Fitz of course but..). That was the idea behind this pick. But sure there will be good players to take instead of a lineman. I do not like Lamar Jackson ! So sorry to put him to your team, i just think he will be selected by one team and probably in the 2nd as he has some talents, but like you i do not like him and like you i would not like to have my team selecting him (Jags).

52 minutes ago, Suffering_Bills said:

Great-looking draft for the Bills, but I have a couple problems with it, realistically: Firstly, although those are two solid players in the 1st, with our needs, give us Josh Allen and Maurice Hurst. In real life, I think they'll both be gone, but one can dream. The 2nd-round picks are AMAZING, but I think both Phillips and Rankin go QUITE a bit higher; maybe even in the FIRST round, or at least VERY high second.

Thank you. Hard to determine where players will go for now, Senior Bowl, Combine, ProDays, things will change 'til april. I think that CB class is not great so a guy with coverage skills like Ward could be selected higher, right. I doubt than Rankin will go much higher, he is good but not great, for now i think its a fair spot for him. Phillips could but he is not a pass rusher and i think a guy like Nnadi will be taken earlier than him (not to mention Vea and Payne of course) so it is possible and he would be a nice complement to Kyle Williams. We'll see..

i would Pass Hard on Josh Allen. hes got the tools but i dont think the jags take him.  Coughlin our teams president is a Bill Parcells drafting QB Style. the 3 Qbs that fit his Mold would be Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk off the top of my head. hes Never Picked an underclassmen QB with the jags(1st stint) or the giants. 

i would go with an Olinemen like Hernandez(we need an upgrade at G) or a guy who can be a Right tackle/Guard(we need a RT of the Future with Parnell not being special and is 32 or 33. we could go TE here with a guy like Andrews, or Goedert. round 2 is okay cuz i know we need a TE but im not sure picking a 25 year old rookie TE is the best idea for a playoff contender but if was round 3/4 id be down with it.  i would look at possibley a QB or a Linemen, with an outside shot at WR and NB depending on Arob, lee, hurns and Colvin respectively.

30 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i would Pass Hard on Josh Allen. hes got the tools but i dont think the jags take him.  Coughlin our teams president is a Bill Parcells drafting QB Style. the 3 Qbs that fit his Mold would be Baker Mayfield, Mason Rudolph, Luke Falk off the top of my head. hes Never Picked an underclassmen QB with the jags(1st stint) or the giants. 

i would go with an Olinemen like Hernandez(we need an upgrade at G) or a guy who can be a Right tackle/Guard(we need a RT of the Future with Parnell not being special and is 32 or 33. we could go TE here with a guy like Andrews, or Goedert. round 2 is okay cuz i know we need a TE but im not sure picking a 25 year old rookie TE is the best idea for a playoff contender but if was round 3/4 id be down with it.  i would look at possibley a QB or a Linemen, with an outside shot at WR and NB depending on Arob, lee, hurns and Colvin respectively.

Thanks for infos.

For now and despite Coughlin habits i do not rule out Josh Allen as Bortles will be back next season to show if he is capable of being "clean" all year so unless a major opportunity i guess they wont sign anyone through FA. We'll see Allen next week in Mobile, maybe...

Archived