Conference Championship Week Mock. 2 Rounds 1 trade

zappa13004

9 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oh, no. Dougie is gone. He lost his guaranteed money when he got suspended. He's due $6.75M, I believe. No way he gets it.

I'm not claiming to have watched a ton of Jones. But I did catch a few games. He seemed to be sprinting as soon as he got the ball, which I didn't really like. Like a Madden player that holds R2 as soon as he gets the handoff. You don't have to have the patience of Le'Veon Bell that everyone loves to talk about. But I feel like Jones' running style is gonna create a lot of boom or bust type of runs.

Thank you because i thought he was but spotrac site have Mrtin signed through '20 so..

Cleveland  - Positions of Need - QB, CB, OT, RB, WR 

Sam is a no brainer, given our need for the best potential franchise guy. 

Fitz though, I've been taking a step back from him. Yeah the kid has loads of talent but at the end of the day, he is a safety and we drafted Peppers at the same position last year. Fitz CAN play CB but is that really using him in the best way? At #4 if we cannot start a bidding war for a QB between teams that need one, then I might pick Chubb here and call it BPA. (Oh and don't worry I'm going to completely contradict myself in 3, 2, 1...) 

2nd Round - I like Miller. I've been yelled at because he doesn't look like that good of a LT, but we really could use a good RT. We have been without one since we let Schwartz walk. 

With our next pick though, I cannot get behind drafting a DE in the 2nd when C Davis and Oliver are still on the boards. (Here's the beauty contradiction I told you about) we really need CBs instead of DEs. 

Lastly I would look for a RB or trade up and pick a RB with the Eagle's 2nd. Crowell is more than likely done here and we'll need a hardnosed RB. 

In conclusion - I really just can't get behind drafting the best SS in the draft at #4 when the best Pass rusher will be there, the best LT will be there, 2nd or 3rd best QB (we won't need it but some other team might) will be there, etc. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

he is a safety and we drafted Peppers

No. Fitzpatrick isn't a safety. He played some in their scheme but Harrison and Thompson were the safeties. If you have difficulties figuring out Fitz's play so imagine Tyrann Mathieu, just a bigger version. Slot is his kingdom. From there he defends slot WRs, TEs, go tackle the RB, offer help on coverage etc

If i were in charge id take Bradley Chubb, like you suggested. 1- Because Chubb is good 2- Because id like a DE rotation with him, Garrett and Ogbah and 3- Because Fitz is so good at doing all but not great as a shutdown CB and #4 is a very high pick, like for shutdown CB, not for a versatile one. But he is sooo good, he could worth it.

he doesn't look like that good of a LT, but we really could use a good RT

Miller wasn't very good playing RT. But when sliding to the other side, he was considered a top 50 pick or so. I guess he could battle for the RT spot and being an insurance for Joe Thomas (retirement or as his future replacement).

I would look for a RB or trade up and pick a RB with the Eagle's 2nd

Yes, sure, i agree. But that class is very deep. Still available in this mock : Royce Freeman, Akrum Wadley, Rashaad Penny, Nick Chubb etc so i think the team can find one later but id be okey to do it earlier too.

Archived