Jets WR Robbie Anderson Arrested (multiple charges)

Dr LBC

Just now, tima said:

Going to disagree with this completely. One is helping people, and one is an entertainer.

Seems like a big blow to the Jets, at least on paper looks like he was the #1 receiver.

He is our #1.  Would've put up 1000+ if McCown stayed healthy.  Would've put up a lot more if we had a good QB.

4 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

This sucks for the Jets, because they almost certainly have to cut ties with him now. Those comments about the police officer's wife are....not good.

Ehhh, classless yes, fireable... maybe. 

What I surmise is that he was being put in the car and said [removed]. Which is what he was quoted saying. This is all bad though. The Jets don't need this kind of publicity. 

7 hours ago, cddolphin said:

It's so easy to keep your mouth shut. Let your pride go, what do you have to prove? You're a multi-millionaire with a highly-sought after skill set. One in a genetic million. Why bother bullying a low-paid government patsy with junk qualifications? You've already beaten him in life. Spend a few hours in jail and pay a lawyer to knock the charges down to next to nothing.

Sounds like someone has a historyyyyyy.

Doubt the arresting officer(s) are patsies and I am certain they did boot camp and thus have passable qualifications. I have friends who are police officers and one was sitting in his car as a bullet came out of nowhere and missed his head by mere inches. That is a possible day in the life of a police officer and he was a lucky one. No one likes getting pulled over but doing 105 in a 45 is dangerous to you and anyone on the road and there needs to be someone there to protect us from the idiots that make those choices. Along with all of the other duties they do.

I see a suspension looming.

I'm guessing Anderson does get a suspension for 1-2 games depending on how lenient Goodell is feeling that day.

The jets have no talent at WR outside of Kearse who is blegh and maybe Quincy enunwa'slastnameisanightmare if he can come back from his neck injury.

He’ll probably be suspended. If not, Bowles should step up and suspend him.

Depending on how the public reacts to his comments and what else comes out, would releasing him be an option? 104 in a 45 is bad enough, that’s insanely stupid, but this is a PR nightmare.

45 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

He’ll probably be suspended. If not, Bowles should step up and suspend him.

Depending on how the public reacts to his comments and what else comes out, would releasing him be an option? 104 in a 45 is bad enough, that’s insanely stupid, but this is a PR nightmare.

This is what I was thinking. I didn't click to see if they released or were going to release the tape, but if the police release the videos then this could be a WAY bigger nightmare for him and the Jets' PR department.

“Seeing something once is better than hearing about it a hundred times. Doing something once is better than seeing it a hundred times.”

Hearing that someone did or said something is plenty to feel strongly one way or another, but actually hearing/seeing it makes it WAY more damning. Look at the Ray Rice ordeal, you can hear about assaults/abuse/etc but when the video came out, wow. There was no way his career went on in the NFL after that.

We're too terrible to cut him, lol.  In all seriousness, Sheldon's actions were worse and Mac didn't cut him, so I think Robby will still be a Jet next year.  He does need to grow up though.  Besides the arrests, he can be immature on the field too.  The guy has the potential to be a top 10 receiver in the league (in all seriousness too), but he's never going to get there if he doesn't get his act together.

Archived