"We the Dogs" - Zach Ertz in Player's Tribune

Phire

For you lazies, here are some excerpts:

Underdogs. No shot. Dead in the water. We heard it about 10,000 times over the course of that week: The first No. 1 seed since 1970 to be ’dogs in the divisional round. It wasn’t just us who embraced it. The whole city embraced it.

This is not me just saying this: I’ve never had more fun playing football than I’ve had this year. I’ve never been around teammates who love each other like we do.

People think of Carson as this guy from out in the wilderness in North Dakota hunting wild boars or whatever it is they hunt up there. (I wouldn’t know, my mom wouldn’t even let me shoot video-game guns when I was a kid.) But in reality, this dude is a football nerd. He’s obsessed with film. I remember back in October, we were about to play Carolina on Thursday Night Football. We had a day off. Guys were tired. Short week.

I get a call from Carson.

He says, “Hey buddy, you around?”

I’m like, “Yeah, what’s up?”

He says, “Come to the QB room real quick, I wanna show you something.”

I say, “Cool, sure.”

So I get to the film room, and Carson’s sitting in there, looking like he’s been in there for a while. He’s got our last game up on the projector. Red zone stuff.

I must have been in there two minutes.

He says, “You see this? If they line up in this zone coverage when we’re in (let’s call it Tiger), I’m gonna audible you into the corner post, and we’re gonna score a touchdown.”

I’m like, Cool. Then I go home.

Cut to the game. We’re in the red zone. Carson calls “Tiger”. Carolina’s in that exact zone coverage they showed us on film. And I’m thinking, Carson, man. Unbelievable. He checks me into the corner post. The next thing I know, I’m jumping into the air and the ball is right in my hands.

Tons of other good stuff in there fellas, worth a full read.

Good stuff.

Gotta say, I find it fascinating how this years' Eagles are embracing the "underdog" title so strongly when we've only been underdogs twice in the past few months, and not by much (granted we are the 1 seed, and it is unprecedented). How has no team before, in any major sport as far as I know, began wearing dog masks when bestowed the underdog title? Just confirms this team is special. Special ideas, special execution.

9 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Good stuff.

Gotta say, I find it fascinating how this years' Eagles are embracing the "underdog" title so strongly when we've only been underdogs twice in the past few months, and not by much (granted we are the 1 seed, and it is unprecedented). How has no team before, in any major sport as far as I know, began wearing dog masks when bestowed the underdog title? Just confirms this team is special. Special ideas, special execution.

Anyone know if the coaches and FO have dog masks too?

I feel like either Long or Lane or someone probably most definitely bought a bunch of them specifically for everyone on the staff and in FO too.

I mean just imagine, after winning tomorrow, the entire team, every staff member, every coach, every employee, wearing a dog mask immediately after the clock hits zero.

Lurie doing that dance he did last week but wearing the dog mask.....ugguuuuhhh. yup I prematurely jizzed my long johns

Archived