Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft v1

goldfishwars

19 minutes ago, typecast said:

Swap Ridley and Jackson and that's my preferences for the 49ers at 9/10.  The 49ers have Pierre Garcon who was balling out with scrubs throwing to him.  He wanted to come back this season but the FO opted to shut him down and let him fully recover from the neck injury.  As for Vea, a lot of 49ers fans have been conditioned to believe that you can just plug any 6th round draft pick into the nose position and it's fine. That nose tackles are just space eaters against the run.  Their job is to just not give up yards so they can be rotated out in passing situations. They also want to give Solomon Thomas as many opportunities to succeed so they can prop up GM John Lynch as some kind of god/savior.

Vea would be on the field for about 50% of the snaps...I think that is the issue that a lot of 49er fans would have with taking him 9/10 though some like him there. That has nothing to do with how 49er fans feel and just how the defenses have been run in the past, including last year (He would replace Mitchell, who was on the field 55% of the teams defensive snaps). If they would have him on the field more often, I'm down for that, I Just don't know if that would be part of the staff's plan, and I would hesitate to say that it would be. 

Also, I have no idea what you are talking about here. You want to give Thomas the chance to succeed because he has a lot of raw natural skill that if harnessed could make him a great player. He needs some really good coaching, particularly with regards to moves. I have no idea how Lynch even factors into this. It's not like he was so bad last year that you're ready to throw in the towel on him and know that he's a bust. Pretty sure that's SOP for every franchise unless the guy is just that bad. 

4 hours ago, jyod21 said:

Has Courtland Sutton completely fallen out of the 1st round?  I thought he would be in play to be the first WR off the board. 

He is a poor route runner. He has no agility despite having long speed. He won't create separation in the NFL and doesn't necessarily play like he's 6'5. If you are a 6'5 WR that is stiff and doesn't run great routes, you had better be unbelievable on jump balls. He's good on jump balls, but not good enough to ignore the rest.

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

He is a poor route runner. He has no agility despite having long speed. He won't create separation in the NFL and doesn't necessarily play like he's 6'5. If you are a 6'5 WR that is stiff and doesn't run great routes, you had better be unbelievable on jump balls. He's good on jump balls, but not good enough to ignore the rest.

I'm not a fan of Sutton.  I don't see a number one receiver nor a first rounder.  I agree with all this.  He also has some questionable hands.  Bobbles a lot of balls.  Ball will get into his body.  Drops catchable passes.  Maybe it's focus?

I just do not see the Steelers passing on Rashaan Evans  if he is there.  The hole that is the ILB position at Pittsburgh can't afford a luxury pick of CB.

I agree on the Hurst comments.  He is really good but being 25 will slide him to day 2.  Not many GMs will want to put a high draft pick into a player that might already be at their prime.

32 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I just do not see the Steelers passing on Rashaan Evans  if he is there.  The hole that is the ILB position at Pittsburgh can't afford a luxury pick of CB.

Especially since we have some intriguing men at that position. Cam Sutton looked pretty solid and Brian Allen is oozing potential. We need to address CB this offseason but most likely later in the draft. 

Archived