SURVIVOR POOL XII is now over! THE DUKE is our champion!

Woz

Just now, Woz said:
On 9/13/2017 at 8:13 PM, DR43 said:

Week 2 pick: Oakland!

I like the enthusiasm!

One problem, though:

To enter the competition, all you need to do is post a message that looks like the one below (with the data filled in properly) by no later than Monday, September 11th, 2017 at 10:15 PM ET (five minutes before the Chargers-Broncos game):

You never entered in week one. So, unfortunately, you are not in the competition. Next year, though?

Now, if I missed your week one pick, just point it out to me (I did scan through the existing thread and didn't see it). It's possible I overlooked it.

So, 151 people left at this point, and 111 have entered their week 2 picks (to the other 40, yes, you still have time).

Breakdown of the picks so far (home team underlined):

• 58 (52.3% of picks made, 38.4% of remaining field, 32.0% of entire field including those already eliminated) have selected Oakland over the NY Jets, including your host, which likely means Gang Green are going to win and win big
  • 19 (17.1%, 12.6%, 10.5%) have selected Arizona over Indianapolis
  • 12 (10.8%, 7.9%, 6.6%) have selected Seattle over San Francisco
  • 9 (8.1%, 6.0%, 5.0%) have selected Baltimore over Cleveland
  • 6 (5.4%, 4.0%, 3.3%) have selected Carolina over Buffalo
  • 5 (4.5%, 3.3%, 2.8%) have selected Tampa Bay over Chicago
  • 1 (0.9%, 0.7%, 0.6%) has selected Kansas City over Philadelphia
  • 1 (0.9%, 0.7%, 0.6%) has selected Washington over LA Rams

Now, the last two were picks full 17 week guesses, with the one for Washington coming back on July 31st (still though, why?!?! O.o)

So, as of right now, it likely won't be as bad as Bloody Sunday even if the top 3 teams all lose (58.9% of the remaining field). Still ... there are 40 people who have to enter. If they all distribute into the top 3 (or don't pick), then that would be the single most destructive weekend in the pool's history (85.4% of the remaining field and 71.3% of all competitors). Only 21 competitors would remain (no, it is not 22; the Redskins will lose).

6 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

My week 2 pick is Oakland. Just incase you missed it. Thanks @Woz

Sorry about that. I should have mentioned that people should double check that I have recorded their picks correctly.

Incidentally, Spawn 1 (my son) will select the LA Chargers (he originally was going to take the Vikings but decided against it when I mentioned that Bradford might not play. Spawn 2 (my daughter) has decided to go with the "green helmets" from the picture below:

Top-5-Best-Looking-Helmets-In-The-NFL.jp

So, she's taking the Seahawks (and yes I did confirm that she didn't want the Jets: "no, Dad, the green helmets").

Archived