Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

Just now, lovetitans said:

Only thing I don't like is we only interviewed 3 people. Would have liked to see us interview more after this weekends games.

If the other candidates he wanted to interview were Patricia and/or McDaniels and they both are solid with Detroit/Indy, I can see why we only interviewed 3. Also, if you have the guy you want, no sense in just interviewing people to interview them. 

Shocked we made a hire so soon but we really don’t have time to waste with the senior bowl and stuff approaching, gotta make sure we have a staff in place.

waiting to see who the offensive staff is before I get excited or mad about the hire.

I don't love it, still. His lack of experience worries me. I guess there's a silver lining in knowing there's a connection between him and JRob, and maybe that will eventually amount to success. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what staff they manage to put together. Especially the OC spot.

I think the timing for this actually makes a lot of sense. He is the head coach so that is set. Now see what happens in tomorrow's games. If someone makes sense of the loses to talk to then we have our hc in place to talk to them.

Also I will say I believe this hire increase the chances LeBeau sticks around now. I honestly would be shocked if LeBeau isn't kept now which I am fine with. Not sure how everyone feels about that. Vrabel spent a ton of time with 3-4 defenses and I feel like will have a ton of respect for LeBeau. So I feel the defense will stay 3-4 unless Vrabel has someone specific in mind.

Archived