Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

Regarding staff/his connections to guys currently under contract with us:

The rest of the 2017 coaches remains under contract and Vrabel will decide if he keeps any holdovers.

He knows at least three.

Titans special teams coach Steve Hoffman held the same post in Kansas City during Vrabel’s two seasons playing there.

Titans secondary coach Deshea Townsend was a teammate of Vrabel's on the Steelers from 1998-2000.

And Titans linebacker coach Lou Spanos was a defensive assistant in Pittsburgh during Vrabel's four years playing for the Steelers.

Vrabel did not play for **** LeBeau in Pittsburgh, though they are both Ohio State guys.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Loeffler- is the OC/QB Coach for Boston College. He was Tom Brady's QB coach at Michigan. He made Pros out of Brian Griese, Drew Henson and Chad Henne. He made Logan Thomas at VT a respectable QB enough to get drafted. He was  Tebow's QB coach. Former OC for Gus Malzhan at Aurburn. Worked with Urban Meyer. From Ohio. Turned Boston College's offense from a straight run dominate team into a no-huddle, up-tempo offense. 

KT be knowing! Lol. 

Pretty sure it's a coincidence. Or is it!!!??  Lol

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know. That's why I drew the connection in the First place. 

Don't know how good his son is.  But hey....my son gets on the team. I get a coach....lol. 

Think it's pretty unlikely anything comes of this, but who knows.

His son is a 3-star prospect so not bad.

5 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Also. Odd time to have dinner with the HC. He is a commit so not like he has to woo him. 

Just think it's odd to have dinner with the HC when you were just hired. 

Probably nothing. But I think it's more to it lol 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Also. Odd time to have dinner with the HC. He is a commit so not like he has to woo him. 

Just think it's odd to have dinner with the HC when you were just hired. 

Probably nothing. But I think it's more to it lol 

Yeah he could potentially be talking to him about Boston College's OC or any other coach on that staff for that matter.

Bringing in a fresh new OC from the college ranks is actually becoming more and more appealing to me.  Marcus has such a dynamic skill set that I think pairing him with an innovative playcaller with fresh ideas outside of the "good old boy" NFL ranks could lead to a very special offense for us.  After years of us doing the same old thing and hiring retread coaches that have failed at other places, the idea of some out of the box type hires really excites me.  Hiring Vrabel was the first step in that, and I have a feeling that he's going to have some hires that are against the grain on his staff. 

I actually like that we aren’t getting a retread HC. I hope he is not too set in his ways so he can use what we have to best advantage.  Again I have no problem with keeping our DC but we do need a new OC and that will be the key to how this all works out as this team IMO key is improving it’s consistency on offense and eliminating the bad games on the road that this season ultimately cost us the division title.   

Archived