Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate the creativity of Robinson with his interviews. He knows what he was doing. Also appreciate Vrabel with his staff moves. Solid stuff. 

Also, shout out to Sean McVay for allowing LaFleur to leave for an opportunity to call plays. A lot of coaches would block a coach from taking a "lateral" move.

17 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

It's official

This happened fast 

So so happy with LaFleur. He’s who I really have wanted all along as OC, but I just figured that ship had sailed after awhile. Fantastic news!

Pees I can get behind. The only thing that concerned me was plucking him out of retirement, but we don’t know any of the circumstances around it really. He’s had some solid defenses over the years. We’ll just have to wait and see if the prevent defense narrative carries itself over to here. As a fan all we can hope is that he stays aggressive or Vrabel changes those prevent calls when necessary.

21 minutes ago, VY said:

... Kuharsky? He broke the story. Either way I like it, but until we take the field no idea how good anybof these hires are.

I like the chances of Marcus taking a big step this year. If Goff can do it in one year, hopefully he can too.

Did he though? Not a peep until seconds before the Titans announced it. I know we were all about him as the OC... He was always my #1 candidate... Bit no one thought it was happening... And his name went dead for at least a week.

JRob only let's out what he wants to let out when he wants it let out. I think he's proven that time and time again in his short time here...

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Did he though? Not a peep until seconds before the Titans announced it. I know we were all about him as the OC... He was always my #1 candidate... Bit no one thought it was happening... And his name went dead for at least a week.

JRob only let's out what he wants to let out when he wants it let out. I think he's proven that time and time again in his short time here...

Yeah. LaFleur was right there with DeFilippo for the guy I wanted most at OC, but it was so silent regarding him, that I thought that ship had sail.

Crazy how JRob and Vrabel were working behind the scenes.

This forum is so bi polar it is hilarious to watch at times (also yes I am guilty of being like that on this forum at times too). In any case I am very happy with both coordinator hires. LaFleur is exactly what we needed for the offense. A young innovative mind which will run a modern day offense and has experience developing QBs. Perfect hire.

As far as Pees is concerned, not a big fan of back dooring his son in but as for Dean Pees himself I like it. I have seen Ravens fans bash him but I have also seen praise so it is what it is.

I am on board for both and am super excited to see what comes next for the Titans. I trust in Robinson and Vrabel and his coaching staff. So excited!!

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Very good OC hire. Didn’t think it was going to happen to I love it. Now... CRAM IT DOWN YOUR CRAMHOLE LAFLEUR!!!

If we win a Super Bowl with LaFleur as the OC do we have the right to tell the rest of the NFL "SUCK FAILURE FREAKS"?

Robinson really worked the process like a pimp on this one. :) 

Wanted Vrabel from the start, maybe Vrabel says hey I'd like Lafleur. Robinson interviews him as HC. Passes on the info....Boom.  Maybe Ryan Day was really being interviewed for a QB coach?
I'm sure there were some hoops and hurdles to go through to get to Lafleur. Either way. I think it is an awesome way to work to get a staff.

Archived