Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/42830/dean-pees-coming-out-of-retirement-to-join-titans-wont-likely-bother-ravens

"There will be speculation that Pees was asked to retire by Harbaugh after how quickly Pees became a coordinator again. But Pees had told colleagues that he was planning to call it quits before and throughout the 2017 season.

The Ravens will always remember how Pees helped them win a Super Bowl in his first season as their defensive coordinator and guided them back to a top-10 defense after losing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Last season, Baltimore led the NFL with three shutouts and 34 takeaways."

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/42830/dean-pees-coming-out-of-retirement-to-join-titans-wont-likely-bother-ravens

"There will be speculation that Pees was asked to retire by Harbaugh after how quickly Pees became a coordinator again. But Pees had told colleagues that he was planning to call it quits before and throughout the 2017 season.

The Ravens will always remember how Pees helped them win a Super Bowl in his first season as their defensive coordinator and guided them back to a top-10 defense after losing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Last season, Baltimore led the NFL with three shutouts and 34 takeaways."

I’d love just one shut out lol but then again, we don’t get to play the Browns and Bengals twice a year.

I really like both of these hires. I know Pees is a little older and it is weird getting him out of retirement after just 4 weeks, but I think he is a perfect fit for 2-3 seasons while Vrabel and co. groom a position coach to take over. The thing I like about Pees is that he won't need to be watched over by Vrabel a ton. Vrabel will trust him and it will allow him to take that CEO approach and not spread himself too thin.

I absolutely love the LaFleur hire. Bit of a risk with him not having called plays, but everywhere the guy has been, QBs have been solid and he has learned from some great offensive minds. Will be curious to see how he adjusts to calling plays and getting in to a game flow with that, but man its going to be hard to contain the excitement until the season starts lol.

30 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

@titanrick thanks for providing some context to the rumors. It's probably true that it's just fans being fans and holding on to someone that isn't true. Maybe it was true at one point earlier in his career and he made adjustments? Who knows, but he has always produced.

The most concerning thing to me was always why he left NE for a LB job and why he retired if he wasn't done coaching. Those two questions made me guess the dislike for him could have possibly been warranted, but with insight on his health issues in NE, that may not have been in the case.

Either way, his success with two different teams speaks for itself.

I’m confused weren’t you an titansfan4life grilling me like slice cheese on toast for being on board wit pees ???‍♂️ It’s all good though glad you see the big picture 

31 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

QB guru!!!

Just think about this Mariota is in a position where he can’t lose a QB coach that can get him in Hollywood as QB if he flops & a OC that can take him to the next level if he doesn’t ? GOD IS GOOOD!

28 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m confused weren’t you an titansfan4life grilling me like slice cheese on toast for being on board wit pees ???‍♂️ It’s all good though glad you see the big picture 

I told you several times I wasn't against Pees. I was against your argument, not your stance. What **** LeBeau did still has no relation to Pees.

I was neutral when I thought he was forced out of BAL and NE, but it now looks like he wasn't, which with his statistics makes him a top candidate.

My say obviously has nothing to do with what actually happens, so I try to play devil's advocate a lot.

Really happy with this staff so far. Ecstatic about lafleur. But it's the guys like Kerry Coombs that have me excited. I'm also o. The pees is a stop gap train. Part of me is wondering if his son was brought here to be his successor. I think it's a horrible idea but the thought has crossed my mind. 

3 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Really happy with this staff so far. Ecstatic about lafleur. But it's the guys like Kerry Coombs that have me excited. I'm also o. The pees is a stop gap train. Part of me is wondering if his son was brought here to be his successor. I think it's a horrible idea but the thought has crossed my mind. 

That would be terrible and I hope not the case. I would imagine his son ends up in the scouting department or some QC coach. I think Coombs might be the guy we are grooming to be the DC in 2-3 years.

Archived