Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

10 hours ago, lovetitans said:

I get that. But again like has been mentioned before averaging 130 passing yards during your years actually calling plays isn't going to get it done. 2013 BC was 67th in the nation in scoring 2014 83rd. His only year at Temple in 2012 98th after they were 39th the year before. Not exactly the stats I would except from a great offensive mind. when he's been calling the plays his offense is nothing special. I'm An Ohio State fan and He does have a hand in some of the success this year but the majority was because of Kevin Wilson.  People want to discount Flipp because you cant tell how much of a role he has. Its the exact same with Day.

Yet you give a ton of credit to him for Philis success and don't attribute the same amount of credit to Day?

That argument goes both ways.

I would prefer Flip as well, I'm just pointing out the disparities. Also, you're not going to see the talent at Temple as a high powered offense. The passing numbers aren't encouraging, but it's possible he's just making do with what he has. As a Chip Kelly disciple and long time QB coach, it doesn't seem right that he would have just completely abandoned the pass without reason. 

Still a good reason to be worried.

not sure if this was posted already

if nothing else, he talks a good game- "there's a lot of good plays out there, but it's about finding the ones best for the players you have" etc. i think we've all wanted to hear something like that for awhile.

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

not sure if this was posted already

if nothing else, he talks a good game- "there's a lot of good plays out there, but it's about finding the ones best for the players you have" etc. i think we've all wanted to hear something like that for awhile.

Local radio interviewed some with knowledge of Ohio State and said he is more responsible for the passing game. 

I still get flashbacks of Munchak being over his head when I remember how he blew his interview out the water too.

Hopefully with Vrabel he actually does adapt and isn't fixed in a particular system and it isn't just lip service.

But in reading all the outside perspectives of media and posters on here... I'm actually happy with the hire, having read more about who Vrabel is as a person and leader. I feel he fits that CEO HC bill. Just needs to surround himself with the right coordinators, and they need to be able to adapt.

Archived