Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Here they are on the MidDay 180 all sounding like it's something certain that Vrabel is going to call his own plays...

Did they hear something we didn't? I think they're all dumb and misinterpreting something.

Yea I have no idea where they’re getting this from. Why would he even interview Bettcher if Vrabel is calling the plays? Makes no sense. Bettcher isn’t taking a backseat

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

@KingTitan You listening to Midday 180 right now? Just mentioned Vrabel is calling his own plays on defense again.

I tweeted all of them asking what the hell they were talking about. I think they're full of **** taking quotes out of context.

From what they are saying he has said it's an absolute certainty he is calling plays.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Right. I think I've listened to and read every thing he's said in the last 48 hours. lol   He hasn't hinted at wanting to call the ALL the plays on defense. He will do what most coaches do and put himself in a call when he feels like it. "Hey Bettcher (I'm calling it..lol) let's blitz them here."  And hopefully he would have a DC that is on board with him. He isn't necessarily calling "the play" but he is saying what he wants. As he should, he is the boss. He worked to get to that point, he earned the right to make the call if he wants. 

Not saying he will say "Bettcher (again, I'm calling it..lol) run 46 Dogg Zone next." But hopefully he'll trust his DC (Bettcher..lol)  enough to make the right call.

He intentionally dodged that question so I don't think you can draw any inferences from that. The question was a direct one about whether or not he would call defensive plays and he intentionally veered the conversation to not be specific. I think alot will depend on who he brings in, but I didn't take his press conference to believe he wouldn't call plays. In fact if the rumors about Darren Perry at DC are true, then it makes sense that Vrabel would call plays. good or bad

I don’t like the idea of Vrabel calling plays. I’m fine with Vrabel having a hand in the system and the week to week game plan and even having input during the games if he sees something he wants to do but I do not want him calling all the plays. 

If he is calling the plays then I’d be shocked if any recognizable DC would come here 

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I tweeted all of them asking what the hell they were talking about. I think they're full of **** taking quotes out of context.

From what they are saying he has said it's an absolute certainty he is calling plays.

Doesn’t make sense. Bettcher who has called his own plays for 3 years and done it at a high level is not taking a backseat to Vrabel. Doesn’t make any sense.

3 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

He intentionally dodged that question so I don't think you can draw any inferences from that. The question was a direct one about whether or not he would call defensive plays and he intentionally veered the conversation to not be specific. I think alot will depend on who he brings in, but I didn't take his press conference to believe he wouldn't call plays. In fact if the rumors about Darren Perry at DC are true, then it makes sense that Vrabel would call plays. good or bad

I guess I can see that. But I haven't got the impression he wants to call plays. 

5 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Didn't really sound to me like he was suggesting he would call plays at all. Sounded like he was saying he would have a say in certain situations and obviously can iverride anything.

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Didn't really sound to me like he was suggesting he would call plays at all. Sounded like he was saying he would have a say in certain situations and obviously can iverride anything.

yeah, what he talked about was specifically overriding a playcall i thought

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Lol yep. Our tweets got to them. Our tweets are powerful!!!

First we get Mularkey fired now this!

Judging from the way most of their callers sound, we're the only ones tweeting them that don't sound like the trailer trash guy off of The Simpsons.

Lol

Archived