Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

First we get Mularkey fired now this!

Judging from the way most of their callers sound, we're the only ones tweeting them that don't sound like the trailer trash guy off of The Simpsons.

Lol

Lol yea a lot of their callers are an embarrassment. I shake my head at most especially the same guy calling in everyday about signing Andrew Norwell, Ryan Jensen, and going up to get “my boy” Quenton Nelson!!!

I'm not really worried about losing anyone on this staff, including Grimm, as long as we find adequate replacements. The guy from OSU has produced a lot of NFL OL and I'd be very happy to have him. Our offense is going to change, hopefully a lot, scheme-wise and we can get rid of some of these AARP dudes who should be retired that Mularkey brought in.

I remember listing Texas State as a possible place for us to dip into for a staff. I concluded that by looking at people Vrabel was following.

Streicher went to James Madison after spending six seasons on the football staff at Ohio State. He worked the first four years as an equipment manager and his final two years as a student assistant with the defensive staff when he worked with the defensive secondary under Withers.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Didn't really sound to me like he was suggesting he would call plays at all. Sounded like he was saying he would have a say in certain situations and obviously can iverride anything.

My point is I don't think its possible to infer anything from what he said. He was asked a direct question about his role in defensive play calling. He gave a vague answer. He could just as easily answered with a straight forward 'Yes' or 'No'. He intentionally left it vague. I just wouldn't assume. Might lead to disappointment. 

12 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

My point is I don't think its possible to infer anything from what he said. He was asked a direct question about his role in defensive play calling. He gave a vague answer. He could just as easily answered with a straight forward 'Yes' or 'No'. He intentionally left it vague. I just wouldn't assume. Might lead to disappointment. 

Understandable. I think it's all subject to change if he can't get who he trusts to call the defense. 

If all he is left with are the Jerry Gray's or Chuck Cecil's of the world then yeah he might just say I'm better off doing it myself. 

And then there is this.... Not much room for other interpenetration.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Coach-Mike-Vrabel-Gives-Update-on-Coaching-Staff/2b0babbe-8a49-4154-ab23-b19dc41da8a5

“The DC will make the play calls – he will call the game,” Vrabel said. “And if I tell him to run something, he is going to run it. … The defensive coordinator is going to call 100 percent of the game, except for when I tell him the one time I want to pressure the quarterback. We are going to have a great line of communication.”

I don't think he has any intention of calling plays regardless of who he gets. He was answering most questions before they were halfway done asking them. I think he was just being his cocky self answering the question as opposed to just saying "No".

Archived