Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Don't understand how you choose that joke of a Giants team over a team that just made and won a playoff game.

I wouldn't call them a joke, but they do have some uncertain spots.

1. Locker room unity.
2. Quarterback
3. Offensive Line
4. Running Back

But they have a lot of defensive talent that was tops in the league just a season ago. 

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Ryan Day had no real business being a first choice over guys like DeFilippo and Callahan anyway, Bettcher stings a bit though.

i think my next choice at DC would be Pagano probably, and he'd be a pretty darn good consolation prize. but we'll see where they go i guess.

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I mean Day gave his word on an obligation to Meyer and didn't go back on it, and was given a promotion for it, so I can understand that.

I think NY is just a better job for a DC. Control + roster. 

Collins, vernon, JPP, snacks, Jenkins, Apple... They have a really solid group all under 30.

Like you said, he is on the right path for the most part with his targets. 
I'm not worried about this one. I just hate to lose a guy to another team. 

No signing will feel like a good one now. I was at a level of excitement I don't think I've ever reached as far as us coaching hire searches goes. Every other coaching hire since Fisher has just been disappointment followed by "Ugh, why would they do that?".

Doesn't mean their aren't good coordinators out there, just had my heart set on someone

Damn, was just going to come in here to talk about how excited I was about the possibility of Bettcher. Certainly discouraging, but there's still a lot of good defensive minds available out there as others have mentioned. The main thing is we are seemingly going after quality candidates which is a very positive sign.

Just now, lovetitans said:

Maybe I'm just paranoid but is anyone else worried that we are talked about as a team any coach would love to coach at but we've had what seems like a really difficult time convincing people to coach here? 

I mean, I think we got the best available HC, and he had interest at several other places. Just unfortunate with the DC.

Just now, -Hope- said:

chuck. i'll be honest, i didn't even know he had a brother, lmao

John had some up and down years in San Diego as DC, but this year when he took over the Raiders defense it made a complete 180 and was one of the best Ds in football down the stretch. Both would be fine options imo

The good news is I feel like we are the most appealing team to offensive coaches.

Who wants to be the coach whose career takes off for being the guy who got Mariota on track? That will look great on a resume and a lot of people know it.

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I wouldn't call them a joke, but they do have some uncertain spots.

1. Locker room unity.
2. Quarterback
3. Offensive Line
4. Running Back

But they have a lot of defensive talent that was tops in the league just a season ago. 

Add to that list a GM that could very easily jettison some of that top talent if he doesn't feel they're a culture fit. Gettleman is a wildcard. I don't think I've seen an FO guy lose a job and get so many high profile players cheering publicly as when CAR let him go.

Archived