Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

No doubt. I'm just worried about Darren Perry's name still being out there for the DC spot.

I doubt he was ever there for DC. That was media speculation by the same people reporting that Vrabel was going to call plays on defense.

If we are interested it's likely as a DB/safety coach.

11 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

No doubt. I'm just worried about Darren Perry's name still being out there for the DC spot.

Eh that was from PK and he never said strictly for DC. I highly doubt we hire a guy who has been nothing more than a safeties coach since 09 and currently doesn’t have a job. Plus Townsend is apparently interviewing to stay on the staff so that ship might’ve sailed.

How can you hire a first time head coach that didn't have his staff in place? This is not good , I understand there's no reason to freak out yet but there also kinda is ... it feels now that there going to be putting a staff together on the fly... a few bad moves and we could be the armpit of the AFC south. 

The thing we need to remember is these things are all rumors.

Bettcher seemed to be the most realistic scenario... People probably saw them talking at the Senior Bowl... The interview there would be hard to hide.

But we dont know if Day was being looked at as an OC or as a QB coach... Maybe Vrabel's been set on Flip as OC (and maybe not, Wilks has also been linked to him). No one from either camp came out and said what the interest in Day really was.

And why would Perry be promoted to DC at this point? Maybe they're looking at him as an asst secondary coach. Again, just people speculating.

The Titans FO has been real tight lipped since JRob took over... It hasn't changed that much in the 5 days that Vrabel took over.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The thing we need to remember is these things are all rumors.

Bettcher seemed to be the most realistic scenario... People probably saw them talking at the Senior Bowl... The interview there would be hard to hide.

But we dont know if Day was being looked at as an OC or as a QB coach... Maybe Vrabel's been set on Flip as OC (and maybe not, Wilks has also been linked to him). No one from either camp came out and said what the interest in Day really was.

And why would Perry be promoted to DC at this point? Maybe they're looking at him as an asst secondary coach. Again, just people speculating.

The Titans FO has been real tight lipped since JRob took over... It hasn't changed that much in the 5 days that Vrabel took over.

That's what got reported actually, on Bettcher. That he met with the Titans and the GIants at the Senior Bowl. Or at least I'm pretty sure that's what I've read.

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Mentioned Coombs the other day as a coach I’d like to get. Now bring Larry Johnson as DL coach.

You did. Good call. I don't want a big colllege based staff but hard to argue with the results of someone like Coombs. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

You did. Good call. I don't want a big colllege based staff but hard to argue with the results of someone like Coombs. 

Yea he’s an elite recruiter and obviously a damn good coach with all the recent CBs from Ohio State being put in the league. Also was the special teams coordinator. I’d like to see him as CB coach and maybe the Perry guy as safeties coach.

Archived