Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

22 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Bradley Roby, Eli Apple, Marshon Lattimore, Gareon Conley and this year Denzel Ward.

All first round picks in the last 5 years under him.

Also Malik Hooker last year in the first round.

Vonn Bell 2nd round 2 years ago. 

Pretty much everyone whos played DB for them the past 4-5 years not named Tyvis Powell has been really good.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

Also Malik Hooker last year in the first round.

Vonn Bell 2nd round 2 years ago. 

Pretty much everyone whos played DB for them the past 4-5 years not named Tyvis Powell has been really good.

Did he coach safeties? Says on Ohio States website that he was CB coach and Schiano coaches safeties.

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

seems like a good fit. sort of interesting to me that we would bring in a DB coach before having a set D-coordinator? i have no idea if that's unusual or not

Seems very unusual to me.  Not a big college fan so I hadn't heard of him, but Twitter is full of OSU fans in mourning so I guess that's a good thing.

I wish we had gotten Bettcher because he is a good DC but Vrabel couldn’t have had him as his number 1 guy because no one was sure he was going to be let go.

I just find it weird he hasn’t found a guy yet though unless his pitch was he would call plays if he doesn’t find anyone.

On the OC search I have been saying he is probably waiting on DeFilipo and the way it’s goinf it’s looking more and more like what he is doing 

28 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Did he coach safeties? Says on Ohio States website that he was CB coach and Schiano coaches safeties.

He has done both in the past, but last year or the last two years he was just CBs and Schiano was safeties. 

I didn't think about that.

1 minute ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Now that I re-read it, the tweet doesn't specify that it is for the DB coach job. What if he is the DC?

It could be possible since he was the assistant DC there, but I’m sure if we hired him for DC it would have been specified. Everybody would probably burst in flames if we hired him for DC

I'd imagine he would mainly deal with DB's.  But I can't imagine he left just for the same position in NFL, without some kind of sweetener. 

Or

Maybe he felt he has done a lot in the college level and wanted to flex his muscles more. Because everywhere he has gone he has produced NFL level DBs, dating back to his time at Cincinnati. 

I don't want us getting too cute with our hires. If a guy is a master DB Coach, let's have him coach the DB's and not try to make him something else. 

Archived