Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We have been all over some really well respected guys.

Not a Terry Robiske in the bunch.

Yeah, it is a very different process from Mularkey.  Mularkey pretty much hired guys that nobody else would have really gone after. We didn't get "turned down" because he was getting guys from retirement or who weren't in demand.
If anything it shows that Vrabel can recognize coaching talent. So that gives me more trust in him. He hopefully won't just accept John Q because he was coaching for this school or that franchise. He will recognize their body of work, reputation and actual coaching skills to make a decision.

21 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We have been all over some really well respected guys.

Not a Terry Robiske in the bunch.

So damn true. 3 guys so far have been reported we were interested in/signed(I’m not counting PK with Perry). All 3, I’ve actually liked a good amount. Sucks not getting Bettcher though. Day I can live with not getting. Interested if Vrabel keeps this up and hires a badass staff. 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Rumors that NE will target Schiano as DC. Wonder if Vrabel tries to target Brian Flores as DC(assuming NE let’s him).

I'd take it. With Coombs and Flores, both highly respected secondary/DB coaches, I can just imagine Byard and Adoree growing.

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So damn true. 3 guys so far have been reported we were interested in/signed(I’m not counting PK with Perry). All 3, I’ve actually liked a good amount. Sucks not getting Bettcher though. Day I can live with not getting. Interested if Vrabel keeps this up and hires a badass staff. 

Even if Perry was true as a safeties coach and Crooms is CB coach that doesn't sound bad to me. PK was the only one guessing he was in the rumors as a DC and well he's not the brightest.

Day was kind of a boom or bust guy to me, but he obviously well-respected as Urban Meyer gave him a promotion to stay.

Then the OL coach, DC, and DB coach we have heard rumors about/hired have all been considered tops at what they do.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I know most(myself included) want DeFilippo but I'd have no problem with Callahan as our OC.

I'm still going to keep my DeFilippo as OC and Callahan at QB Coach dream alive until it's officially dead though.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

I know most(myself included) want DeFilippo but I'd have no problem with Callahan as our OC.

I'm still going to keep my DeFilippo as OC and Callahan at QB Coach dream alive until it's officially dead though.

Yea I certainly wouldn’t mind Callahan as OC. I’d prefer him for QB coach but can’t get too greedy I guess.

9 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah if the Jets and possibly Giants are interested in him as OC, no way he comes here as QB coach.

Jets are likely promoting Jeremy Bates to OC(actually I think it was reported yesterday he was promoted). I think that’s why the report said OC just for the Titans. 

Archived