Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i’m not sure i’d make a ton of assumptions about callahan’s offense based on the lions’ offense. hard to say how similar/different he’d be to JBC

And the personnel is going to be different as well. Even if he would have ran something similar if he was made the OC in Detroit this year, he may go a different direction here based on what our guys can do best.

Stafford is a strong arm guy who, in the past, had gone vertical often. That may have changed after Johnson retired, I'm not sure. Mariota is your quick release, quick decision, west coast QB. Completely different guys. If only someone had told Mularkey that.

Greg Cosell was asked on the MidDay180 what kind of offense he thought Mariota would thrive in. He described what we would all expect, shotgun, 3 wide, quick throws.

They then asked him if any team in the NFL ran an offense that he thought best fit Mariota. He said Detroit. A lot of shotgun and 3 wide. RBs and TEs important pass-catchers. A lot of quick passes. Said Mariota is a rhythm thrower, not a drive thrower.

Would be great for Callahan to bring that here.

Cosell also thinks we are a still a slow offense compared to the rest of the league. He said it remains to be seen what Davis is and Taylor isnt a burner, but has an explosive element, but Matthews and Decker are most slow, comparatively.

Even Henry, while you wouldn't consider him slow, he's not quick or elusive in space. He said Henry doesn't ideally fit the type of offense he was talking about for Mariota. 

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Cosell also thinks we are a still a slow offense compared to the rest of the league. He said it remains to be seen what Davis is and Taylor isnt a burner, but has an explosive element, but Matthews and Decker are most slow, comparatively.

Even Henry, while you wouldn't consider him slow, he's not quick or elusive in space. He said Henry doesn't ideally fit the type of offense he was talking about for Mariota. 

I agree with that 100%. Our offense really has no speed. I think Taylor is probably our most explosive player on offense, and I believe he ran in the 4.5 range. Henry has the speed but isn’t twitchy at all. 

I still believe we have the players to run a spread. Davis will be explosive once he stops thinkn. We just need a couple more explosive players on offense, we don’t need an overhaul

51 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

What I’ve said, we have explosive guys but not guys that are dangerous in space or can take the top off a defense. Davis coming out of college reminds me of T.O & TO wasn’t a burner 4.5 4.6 guy beast after the catch. Taylor is more quick than fast more like Derrick mason Emanuel sanders.

I like Christian Kirk to add to this offense dangerous in the slot & bubble screens 

Archived