Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't see Kirk joining this offense. Not that I dislike him but we're not spending a first round pick on him.

He's not a burner either if we're talking elite speed.

He’s not a burner but he’s someone that can stretch the field I think he’s a 4.38-4.44 type of guy. At the moment I can’t see us drafting him until I see how we attack free agency. But the kid is special 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s not a burner but he’s someone that can stretch the field I think he’s a 4.38-4.44 type of guy. At the moment I can’t see us drafting him until I see how we attack free agency. But the kid is special 

I don't think he's even close to sub 4.4. 4.38 is burner speed. I bet he runs somewhere around 4.45. I think Taylor would break 4.5 also if he had the proper training these other guys get. 

In terms of just raw athleticism I dont think hes that far ahead of Taylor, he's just a much better package as a receiver.

13 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't see Kirk joining this offense. Not that I dislike him but we're not spending a first round pick on him.

He's not a burner either if we're talking elite speed.

I don’t think we can use the phrase ‘this offense’ for a while because we really have no idea what our offense could look like next season. 

I agree that we should probably use our first rounder on defense though as that is where our most obvious needs are I think. 

6 minutes ago, TwoToneBlue said:

I don’t think we can use the phrase ‘this offense’ for a while because we really have no idea what our offense could look like next season. 

I agree that we should probably use our first rounder on defense though as that is where our most obvious needs are I think. 

Okay. This roster. We're not drafting a WR in the first round regardless of scheme.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

This is Callahan's only interview for OC. The others are all for QB coach.

If he doesn't choose us we can worry this time.

i mean, it’s also possible (though probably unlikely) that we’ll interview someone else and not offer callahan the job

What concerns me most so far rather than being unimpressed with his first choice for OC is I kinda figured given how well his interview went/how quickly was hired, he had a staff pretty much in place, but doesn't seem to be the case at all. Still has a chance to put together a nice staff so it's not the biggest issue yet, but a bit concerning.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

It really depends on if Callahan wants to have a lesser role with people he's familiar with(Jets with Jeremy Bates and potentially Rick Dennison/Raiders with Gruden) or a bigger role with a new coach.

I'm of the belief that is the choice. Working with "family" or the chance to really advance his career. 

20 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

What concerns me most so far rather than being unimpressed with his first choice for OC is I kinda figured given how well his interview went/how quickly was hired, he had a staff pretty much in place, but doesn't seem to be the case at all. Still has a chance to put together a nice staff so it's not the biggest issue yet, but a bit concerning.

Not necessarily. There were several HC hirings and all of them are interviewing a lot of the same people who were just cut by their 2017 team.

You can have ideas of guys you like that are available, but if a better guy is let go and you go after him that doesn't make something concerning.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Riddle me this.... If Vikings had beat the Eagles, Bettcher and DeFilippo would be our coordinators?

I don't think so. I think Bettchner turned us down because of not getting 100% control of the defense. That wouldn't change regardless of if Shurmur got the NYG job now or in 2 weeks.

Archived