Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

the more i think about it, the more i really hope we hire chuck pagano at DC. his specialty with the secondary would complement vrabel’s experience with LB/front 7 nicely, and i’m sure his head coaching experience would be useful for vrabel to lean on every once in awhile.

39 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the more i think about it, the more i really hope we hire chuck pagano at DC. his specialty with the secondary would complement vrabel’s experience with LB/front 7 nicely, and i’m sure his head coaching experience would be useful for vrabel to lean on every once in awhile.

I'm on board with this too. There would be a lot of positives to it.  Not to mention the fact that Chuck would probably be more likely to stick around for several years after already having his HC opportunity unlike Bettcher who would've more than likely been a big time HC candidate in a year if our defense really performed well.  We'd have a good chance at some continuity with the defensive staff under Chuck.

36 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

For all we know they have. I highly doubt we've only talked to the people that have been rumored to us.

Yeah...Maybe Pagano wants to take a year off to recharge. He is still a respected coach. He wasn't a total failure in Indy and could argue that the old GM ruined it for him.

14 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

That's what got reported actually, on Bettcher. That he met with the Titans and the GIants at the Senior Bowl. Or at least I'm pretty sure that's what I've read.

I believe Bettcher was a real interest... And obviously it was for DC. Giants won out.... It happens... But we don't know why... Maybe it was fit, maybe it was money...it was probably a combo of things.

But the others... I dont know... Was Day asked to be QB coach or OC? Was Perry ever considered for anything outside asst secondary coach (and not DC, or even secondary coach for that matter).

So many rumors... None validated... And some emotions are running a bit high. Let's wait till something solid comes out before we start condemning our new hire.

Maybe this is just me looking at things with Titan colored glasses, but this entire process of Vrabel hiring his staff just feels so different from years past.  Usually by this time we've hired at least a few coaches that I either really didn't like or I just felt really nervous about. It's early still, but so far with Vrabel I've seen merit in every single guy that we've talked to or unofficially hired.  There haven't been any moves that really made me wonder what we were doing, and that's a really unusual feeling as a Titans fan.  Call it a gut feeling or just me being a homer, but I really think Vrabel is putting together a good staff here.  There's still some big moves to make, but it feels like we're heading in the right direction.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Steve Wilks is apparently going the "hiring buddies" route that Vrabel said he wasn't going to do. Hired the LB coach from Carolina to be his DC.

To be fair, if you are the defensive coordinator and you coach alongside the linebacker coach, you probably have a good sense of what you want from your defense and trust that guy to implement.

30 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

To be fair, if you are the defensive coordinator and you coach alongside the linebacker coach, you probably have a good sense of what you want from your defense and trust that guy to implement.

To be fair, if you are an offensive coordinator and you coach along side a WR coach, you probably have a good sense of what you want from your offense and trust that guy to implement.

Doesn't make Robiskie a good hire.

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

To be fair, if you are an offensive coordinator and you coach along side a WR coach, you probably have a good sense of what you want from your offense and trust that guy to implement.

Doesn't make Robiskie a good hire.

The problem was Mularkey from the get-go.

Archived