Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

4 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

There’s actually a real chance this could happen imagine that combo 

The longer we go without a OC, the more I think DeFilippo is a legitimate candidate for us.

If Callahan is also still out there after the Super Bowl....?

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I know what was reported, but I think Ryan Day was targeted as a QB coach. I think the OC talk came from his side as leverage with Ohio State.

We'll never know that conclusively, but I just really think that was the case. 

I tend to agree with you on that. I know Meyer has that "2 year" commitment or whatever, but I can't imagine him holding that over someone's head trying to get a coordinator job in the NFL. It makes more sense for that to have become an issue with a lesser QB coach role.

I tend to agree that the reports maybe were wrong. It seems like Vrabel is being intentional about the type of coach he is looking for...
Not just looking for guys with track records like a  McCoy or whoever, but guys that fit exactly what he is looking for. Guys that will coach/teach like he wants.

He talked about having Watterson put him through a workout. Not just taking his history for what it is, but getting a first hand experience. (At least that is how I read it.)

And it could be that he is interested in these guys but never fully offered them the job? Who knows. lol  But I like his approach as of now. We shall see if it turns out a good staff or not.

I was thinking along the lines of KT...has it ever even been reported that Vrabel has offered anyone a coordinator position? I know he has interviewed a couple and the talk that Day was staying, but never heard that anyone was offered a job. It may be as simple as he is not offering anyone a job as OC until he interviews the guys he wants. Vrabel may have sort of interviewed Flip during the time he was interviewing for the Detroit job to see if he would work as his OC. The Day idea may have been a last minute thought since he took our job so late in the game...and the connection of Mariota/Chip Kelly...maybe never considered Day as an option if he got the Detroit job with Stafford.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

it is absolutely wild that he’s having watterson put him through a workout as a job interview. i can begin to see why people talk about being willing to run through walls for this guy

I don't think thats what he meant. I think he meant he was about to work out and he was going to observe Waterson working with players who were there training. Thats what I got from listening to the interview live.

36 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I don't think thats what he meant. I think he meant he was about to work out and he was going to observe Waterson working with players who were there training. Thats what I got from listening to the interview live.

Yeah you are right. Hearing the interview that is exactly what he meant. 

Archived