Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm a big Michel fan but no to any 1st round RB. The depth of this RB class is way too good to draft a guy that early imo.

Agreed. The only RB i would take in the first round this year (at least for the Titans) is Barkley and he will be long gone by the time we pick. We can snag a solid change of pace back in round 3/4/5 or even in FA. I will be surprised if we don’t take a defensive player in the first this year unless JRob and co. have a highly rated offensive guy that falls for whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

How would you guys feel if we drafted Sony Michel in the 1st round ?? but serious though remember we drafted Chris Johnson when lendale came off a 1000 yards. Though that was under a different regime.. just throwing crazy things that I could see happening. 

Very pissed off.

1 hour ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Agreed. The only RB i would take in the first round this year (at least for the Titans) is Barkley and he will be long gone by the time we pick. We can snag a solid change of pace back in round 3/4/5 or even in FA. I will be surprised if we don’t take a defensive player in the first this year unless JRob and co. have a highly rated offensive guy that falls for whatever reason. 

Our only hope for Barkley is a last second gasmask bong video a la Tunsil.

RB is possible in the draft at some point for the right value, but given the FA market + losing Demarco's salary + our cap room, I think FA could make more sense there. Focus the draft on defense, an OG and maybe a WR/speedy tweener/gadget guy on offense. 

If Michel is there in the 2nd, I badly want him. I like plenty of the RBs in this class, FWIW, but he just looks special and would likely complement Henry best. Good speed, acceleration, vision, solid cuts, can catch the ball and runs tougher than you would think for a guy with his style. Great shotgun RB.

We're in a pretty solid position, with the cap space and the roster we have, to afford to draft the best talent available. At least in the early rounds, if there's depth to focus on, focus on it in the mid rounds. I'd prefer a defensive player in the 1st, LB mostly, but really we just need to draft the best possible talent, and in the 2nd round, Michel could likely be that guy.

At first, I was dismissive about disliking the Pat O'Hara hire, because what name out there do we actually know that's better? But now that we have LeFleur and we know that if he succeeds he's probably here two years tops, I wish we would have brought in a QB coach that had maybe been around him or Shanahan for awhile. Once LeFleur is gone, I don't want us to go out looking for the next best OC to bring in his system. I want us to promote someone from within to continue to run a similar system to what we will run under him. Admittedly, I know nothing about O'Hara besides his acting career, but he doesn't strike me as the guy to continue this offense after LeFleur is gone and it seems it's generally QB coaches who sre promoted to OC. Obviously, not always, but it seems that way a lot of times.

Maybe we can bring in someone LeFleur knows as an offensive assistant or assistant position coach.

I really think the Ryan Day interest was for QB coach and that he would have been a great guy to bring in to grow with LeFleur and eventually take his job.

10 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

At first, I was dismissive about disliking the Pat O'Hara hire, because what name out there do we actually know that's better? But now that we have LeFleur and we know that if he succeeds he's probably here two years tops, I wish we would have brought in a QB coach that had maybe been around him or Shanahan for awhile. Once LeFleur is gone, I don't want us to go out looking for the next best OC to bring in his system. I want us to promote someone from within to continue to run a similar system to what we will run under him. Admittedly, I know nothing about O'Hara besides his acting career, but he doesn't strike me as the guy to continue this offense after LeFleur is gone and it seems it's generally QB coaches who sre promoted to OC. Obviously, not always, but it seems that way a lot of times.

Maybe we can bring in someone LeFleur knows as an offensive assistant or assistant position coach.

I really think the Ryan Day interest was for QB coach and that he would have been a great guy to bring in to grow with LeFleur and eventually take his job.

We’ll cross that line when we get there, rather that’s by getting a QB coach from the shanahan McVay tree or a HC that failed and is willing to accept an OC role 

A HC that has failed an accepts an OC role is going to bring his own offense. That's the path I didn't like. 

Obviously it's dumb for a fan to worry about that now, but if I was in the front office, knowing LeFleur is going to be in demand if he's as successful as we hope he is, I would be asking him about someone he would like to have on this staff to help him implement his offense and be a potential predecessor. 

18 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

A HC that has failed an accepts an OC role is going to bring his own offense. That's the path I didn't like. 

Obviously it's dumb for a fan to worry about that now, but if I was in the front office, knowing LeFleur is going to be in demand if he's as successful as we hope he is, I would be asking him about someone he would like to have on this staff to help him implement his offense and be a potential predecessor. 

agreed

23 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yea but in a league of copy cats some HC Run very similar systems the verbiage just be different, but we'll cross that line when we get there #TitanUp

If our main fear with our OC is that he is going to be so good, that he will be gone soon, then I think we are in good shape. 
We can only hope we get to a point where teams are coming here to take our guys for HC jobs. 

Was Schwartz the only guy in Titans history where another team came and took him?

I understand the fear of multiple OC's and what not tho.

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

If our main fear with our OC is that he is going to be so good, that he will be gone soon, then I think we are in good shape. 
We can only hope we get to a point where teams are coming here to take our guys for HC jobs. 

Was Schwartz the only guy in Titans history where another team came and took him?

I understand the fear of multiple OC's and what not tho.

Could probably count Heimerdinger as a guy a team came and took. The Jets fired their OC after a season they went 10-6 and won a playoff game(and only lost in the 2nd round in OT to the 15-1 Steelers) to be able to hire him. Heimerdinger's contract was up here and I imagine he saw the writing on the wall that the team was falling apart with the cap issues/McNair injuries/George being done/etc so maybe could argue he doesn't come back regardless.

Archived