Mike Vrabel Hired As Head Coach

TitanLegend

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Also. Odd time to have dinner with the HC. He is a commit so not like he has to woo him. 

Just think it's odd to have dinner with the HC when you were just hired. 

Probably nothing. But I think it's more to it lol 

100% theres more to it...it could just be networking...he will get several coaches from college so he might want to touch base with several coaches at that level...theres guys who dont intend to make the jump into the nfl and some guys do...they probably have meetings like this all the time so they can find out which coaches want to join his staff...he can pick and choose a guy he really likes.

3 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

New Titans’ HC Mike Vrabel’s offensive coordinator hire is significant, and....Ohio St. co-offensive coordinator Ryan Day is considering becoming the Titans’ OC, according to league sources.

From Schefter

I just saw that on Twitter, would be interesting 

5 minutes ago, Justin615$ said:

New Titans’ HC Mike Vrabel’s offensive coordinator hire is significant, and....Ohio St. co-offensive coordinator Ryan Day is considering becoming the Titans’ OC, according to league sources.

From Schefter

man i’m just not sure about this. ohio state’s quarterbacks have been absolutely nothing to write home about and Meyer is the one calling the plays there, right?  

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

man i’m just not sure about this. ohio state’s quarterbacks have been absolutely nothing to write home about and Meyer is the one calling the plays there, right?  

He hasn’t been at Ohio State long. I think this past year was his first year there. He’s been the QB coach for Philly and the 49ers and worked under Kelly.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He hasn’t been at Ohio State long. I think this past year was his first year there. He’s been the QB coach for Philly and the 49ers and worked under Kelly.

ah, interesting....reading more he seems like a chip kelly protege, which is actually sort of surprising. i didn’t necessarily expect us to go that route.

Pros to Day would be the offense would be tailored to Mariota and something he’s comfortable in. I don’t see Murray or Henry fitting into that type of offense though, I think RB would become a priority if we switch to that style offense 

So they are either really confident Mariota will succeed in a more Oregon friendly type of system...or they are at the point where they may want to move on at some point and this is them doing everything they can for him...trying to do right by him for being a good leader and competitor and a good image. Honestly it could be a little bit of both.

That may have been the disagreement over Mularkey...how Oregon friendly they got...its no coincidence we saw them use Mariota in the no-huddle calling plays...and then we hear talk of an extension...than we get the NE disaster and he is fired. If Vrabel went into his interview with this plan in mind...and JRob was thoroughly impressed by what he heard it starts to make more sense.

Archived